• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we at the lowest point in panthers history?

Panthers Fan 69

I'd say the fanbase was more demoralized and bitter when it dropped that Andrew Luck was going back to Stanford.  Not by much though and Tepper/Rhule are gunning for the record.

We had just been through a season of pure hell, the franchise was hollowed out with no quarterback, labor negotiations were spiraling toward a lockout, and the guy most of us thought was the savior had basically told us to fug off.  And a few weeks after that we got the infamous pie chart conference.

e: oh yeah and it was rumored that Panther reps were waiting for Harbaugh in the tunnel after the Orange Bowl and he didn't even acknowledge them.  Then Jerry Richardson acted like he had never heard of him when the press asked about it lol.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

I feel like the 2-14 season was worse than the 1-15 people 2001 panthers. We had a lot of young talent on that roster and knew we would get a great pick. Our roster in 2010 wasn’t that good but we also didn’t have a lot of cap room and I think if I remember correctly we didn’t have all our draft picks. Also I felt like we didn’t have a lot of young upcoming talent on the roster.

54 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I'd say the fanbase was more demoralized and bitter when it dropped that Andrew Luck was going back to Stanford.  Not by much though and Tepper/Rhule are gunning for the record.

We had just been through a season of pure hell, the franchise was hollowed out with no quarterback, labor negotiations were spiraling toward a lockout, and the guy most of us thought was the savior had basically told us to fug off.  And a few weeks after that we got the infamous pie chart conference.

e: oh yeah and it was rumored that Panther reps were waiting for Harbaugh in the tunnel after the Orange Bowl and he didn't even acknowledge them.  Then Jerry Richardson acted like he had never heard of him when the press asked about it lol.

All business. Jim Harbaugh ain't got time for that. Should have made an appointment.

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Everybody has had it but David Tepper. We're all bagging on Rhule deservedly so but Tepper is the one prolonging the agony. Prolonging the embarrassment, continuing the nose dive in the name of what? Ego?

Your f'n responsibility is this football team! Get that soccer sh*t in proper perspective. THAT stadium wasn't built on soccer money. Get your head out your ass!

Hate soccer

97-02 was pretty bad but there were some bright spots in 99 and 00. We missed the playoffs by like a touchdown in 99 I think. 

95 7-9

96 12-4 Lost Conference Championship

97 7-9

98 4-12

99 8-8

00 7-9

01 1-15

02 7-9

03 11-5 Lost Super Bowl

04 7-9

05 11-5 Lost Conference Championship

06 8-8

07 7-9

08 12-4 Lost Div Round

09 8-8

10 2-14

11 6-10

12 7-9

13 12-4 Lost Div Round

14 7-8-1 Lost Div Round

15 15-1 Lost Super Bowl 

16 6-10

17 11-5 Lost WC Round

18 7-9

19 5-11

20 5-11

21 5-12

22-?

• Pie 1

Capers had 1 bad year after getting to the NFC Championship in year 2. Won the division in year 2.

Seifert who won 2 SBs started strong in 1999 and made the mistake in picking 1 QB - Jeff Lewis. Out after 1 bad season in 2001. Finished 2nd in the division in his first season.

Fox got the Panthers to 2 NFC Championship games and saw the SB in his second season. He found his QB in year 2. Fox had one bad season in 2010 and messed up 1 time in picking the wrong QB in Pickles. Out after the 2010 season.  Won the division in year 2.

Rivera found his QB in year 1. Won the division in year 3. Went to the SB in year 5. Rivera had 1 bad season with less than 6 wins and was fired during the season.

All these coaches saw the NFC Championship. The last 3 have all seen the SB in their career. All were canned after 1 bad season with less than 6 wins.

Rhule will have 3 bad seasons. No division championship in sight. No NFC Champ appearance, and no SB appearance. How is Rhule better than any of these previous coaches? It is not even close. He should have never been brought to the NFL and he should have been fired after last season.

• Pie 3

In reading all these posts I see one common theme with all the other low points in Panther history..........and that is a reason to hope for things to get better..........

Right now I see that hope for things to get better in either the short term or long term for this franchise at the lowest its ever been........... and the fact that hope is so fleeting right now is perhaps a reason why this current situation might be the lowest not statistically but from a standpoint of the possibility in the hope for change. 

• Pie 1

From a fan perspective there used to be a large group of Panthers supporters I would get together with to watch games sometimes. Many of those fans have stopped caring about the Panthers all together due to the poor performance of the team. It’s not worth making plans around the team when they are terrible. All the new fans the Cam Newton era brought to the franchise are leaving it as fast as they came.

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

From a fan perspective there used to be a large group of Panthers supporters I would get together with to watch games sometimes. Many of those fans have stopped caring about the Panthers all together due to the poor performance of the team. It’s not worth making plans around the team when they are terrible. All the new fans the Cam Newton era brought to the franchise are leaving it as fast as they came.

This 10000%. Had a group we used to go to games with. That stopped. For away games we would gather at a local bar. No one goes anymore.  The excitement has gone. To thrills. No nerves. Pure apathy and disgust for what Tepper has done for the team. 

I wouldn't say its as bad as the Weinke and Clausen years as I'm still planning on watching the games. 

Tepper hasn't brought anything to this franchise worth caring about.  Its the expectations that makes it suck.  Plenty of first year coaches that have teams playing like dogs.  I'm not sure whether its soft leadership in the locker room or bad coaching, its sucks though.

20 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We have been 1-15 twice, so no.  Might get there by the end of the season though, if things don't improve.

I have to admit this reminds me a little of the 2001 season, where we had a series of close games and that we found a way to lose.  And then the team kind of gave up and got blown out the last two games as the team gave up.  

Losing games isn't as bad as knowing that top to bottom, the team is in dire straights.

This is a mess, us winning more than 1 game won't change that in my mind.

• Beer 1