• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper did move the team....

Jmac

42 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don’t think there are a ton of options for Tepper as he’d have to work with both the NFL and MLS as he’d be moving both teams.

Only city that really makes sense is San Antonio (St. Louis is already getting an MLS team).

I don’t think MLS would go for their newest expansion team in a market they’ve wanted being shipped off. Plus Texas is already kinda saturated with Dallas, Austin and Houston. Hell there’s only 2 NFL teams in Texas

8 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I don’t think MLS would go for their newest expansion team in a market they’ve wanted being shipped off. Plus Texas is already kinda saturated with Dallas, Austin and Houston. Hell there’s only 2 NFL teams in Texas

Yeah, I just don’t know where else you could put both teams. St Louis is already getting an MLS team and while Oklahoma City might be an okay spot for an NFL team, the MLS would want nothing to do with that area.

San Antonio is the only city that I could see making sense due to its’ size. But as you mentioned, it’s doubtful the MLS would want a fourth team in Texas when there are better markets like Sacramento, Phoenix.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Team is going nowhere. San Antonio? Cowboys territory? Yeah, like Jerruh is letting that happen.

Oklahoma City--who can't fill their NBA arena? Is basically Far North Dallas? Yeah, like Jerruh is letting that happen.

St Louis? Nope--already had two turns at a team. Portland? Nope--would never build a publicly-financed stadium. Honolulu? Aloha Stadium is a dump and they're limited in public money. Memphis? No, declining population and decrepit stadium. Columbus? Would mean three(!) teams in Ohio, so no. Louisville? Already has three teams 2-3 hr drive away from them. Orlando? Would give Florida a fourth (!) team and puts it less than two hours from two other teams. Anchorage? Just lol. Salt Lake City? Too small and Denver likely says no. Oakland? Stadium is a dump and they may lose the A's--any stadium would have to be privately funded and given local politics would be required to supply thousands of housing units. San Diego? Getting a new stadium, but it's for SDSU, and is small. 

See how ridiculous this concept is? In fact, every available US city has flaws. The only cities that stand a chance are London and Toronto, which any sane person would move a market-size based business to from Charlotte to anyway. The Bills might not like a team in Toronto, but the Pegulas aren't the Jones.

I honestly think if the Hornets had never moved in '01, the thought of moving the Panthers would never enter anyone's mind. There is clearly some type of "team relocation" PTSD happening here.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I would stay a Panthers fan, I mean it makes the most sense when you think about it. Either A. Stop following the nfl all together or B. Pick another team you have absolutely no passion about or ties to or C. Just stuck with the panthers despite the move, I mean you have a history and story there. 

I didn't have a history with the Panthers before 1995 and the only reason I became a fan was because they were the local team  if they aren't local anymore and another team comes in, I'm probably jumping to the new team, especially if tepper is still running the Panthers and he's stull doing the same poo  

With the amount of turnover that takes place each team is really just a name, isn't it? The culture is with the group that stays with it the longest, the fans  you take the team away, you take the team away from the culture and you take the team away from the  fans and tou take it away from it's legacy and history. 

And I don't care about the MLB.

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

Once the NFL is dead to me I am not watching or paying for any sport that a family member or friend isn't apart of the team. 

Moving the team would make the NFL dead to me. I watched the Browns move and never watched an NFL game until the Panthers came to NC. 

Wasn't there a one year difference?  

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

I didn't have a history with the Panthers before 1995 and the only reason I became a fan was because they were the local team  if they aren't local anymore and another team comes in, I'm probably jumping to the new team, especially if tepper is still running the Panthers and he's stull doing the same poo  

With the amount of turnover that takes place each team is really just a name, isn't it? The culture is with the group that stays with it the longest, the fans  you take the team away, you take the team away from the culture and you take the team away from the  fans and tou take it away from it's legacy and history. 

And I don't care about the MLB.

Well obviously if a new team came to charlotte I would pull for them, but what would the likelihood be of that happening

35 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Charlotte has 10 times the amount of banking deposits that Atlanta has...............and within a 100 mile radius of downtown Charlotte there are more people living here than within the same 100 mile radius comparison in Atlanta......

Let that sink in for a minute..........

This isn't true and a quick google search would have provided you with factual information. The Atlanta metro area has a population of 6144050 while Charlotte's metro area has a population of 2204000.