• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Team Played For Their Coach Today

Daddy_Uncle

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The stars were aligned for our win today.  No doubt.  

...we really have nothing on a proactive.... up tempo... or energized feeling breaking the huddle... we  just line up...the D know what we are running... try and stop it...and they usually do .... no wrinkles...every offensive play is a nail biter ...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...we really have nothing on a proactive.... up tempo... or energized feeling breaking the huddle... we  just line up...the D know what we are running... try and stop it...and they usually do .... no wrinkles...every offensive play is a nail biter ...

It's like Rivera ball, only more predictable, and I didn't think that was possible. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

Hell I was calling for this win all week. If I were the gambling type I would have put serious money on it. The Saints are terrible and they were busted up, and Winston is one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

I put money on the Panthers and Wake Forest. Won both.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Results are the only thing that matters. If it was just one or two games where things didn't work out quite right, it wouldn't be so bad. The problem with this team is that they are having issues every week. Every week it's a new excuse. There's excuses for things not going right, but eventually a good coach would help us win in spite of the things that go wrong...they'd make adjustments. 

And the argument for the lack of time with Baker under center with the starters.....that's on Rhule as well. He knew that time was short prior to the season, yet he decided to keep that ruse "competition" going. It was detrimental to the teams ability to compete early on....and that's if Baker sucking isn't a result of him just being a bad QB. 

Going back to the discussion of good coaches, though, good coaches make things go right, they redirect rhings, when things start trending wrong. 

This poo has been going on with Rhule love Ng enough to know he can't figure out how to make things right. 

Captains can't control the weather, but they make sure that their ship handles the storm and that their ship hands all do their job successfully. Rhule is a bad captain.

I think it’s just a different way of looking at things. Rhule might be a bad captain to you and the media, but it only matters what his coaches and players think. I think people like playing for him. Now, I hope the players start executing. 

10 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I think it’s just a different way of looking at things. Rhule might be a bad captain to you and the media, but it only matters what his coaches and players think. I think people like playing for him. Now, I hope the players start executing. 

If they are happy with a losing coach, have at it. Either winning is the most important thing or it's not. Apparently winning matters less than loving your coach.

I don't doubt the players love playing for him. Again, I don't think that ultimately matters. The goal is winning. 

People loved playing for Jeff Fisher too. But he was a losing coach who had a job much longer than he should have. 

If a team isn't winning with a coach after a couple years, they have the wrong coach....imo. and my opinion is based on the idea that winning matters much more than anything else.

If his players like playing for them and we're still waiting for them to start executing going into his third season....then that's another huge red flag. 

Something isn't right there. Something hasn't been right. At this point I don't expect it to get right, not by this coach anyways. He just doesn't seem to be able to make it right. They might like him, but he's not helping the win. He's not getting them there. That's his job and he's not doing it. Not well enough.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

They played with a lot of heart and energy today and could be seen hugging and patting Rhule on the back all game. That to me is encouraging that they haven't quit on him. I know many on here want us to lose every game, even though it is only week 3, but I want to win. I don't care who the coach is as long as we are winning. Yes, Saints played like ass, but we made big plays at big moments. I personally would rather see us continue this success, than hope for losses. That's just me. 

I played D1 college football and they absolutely did. I know a lot of people are gonna be super negative but I’m gonna go on a limb and say they haven’t played organized sports beyond high school. This team (defense) rallied for Rhule. Idk if it’ll continue but for today at least our defense played with purpose. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Coaches make sure their players are prepared for the game. 

Coaches make sure they have the right plan for the players to win.

Coaches make sure the right players are on the field.

Coaches make sure that their players are in the best situation to win.

Coaches make sure that players have a plan that adapts to situations.

Coaches make their players the best they can be so they can win. 

Rhule and his staff fails at all of this. If the players aren't doing their job, that's in the coaching staff.... ultimately it falls on Rhule.

Rekt 

24 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I played D1 college football and they absolutely did. I know a lot of people are gonna be super negative but I’m gonna go on a limb and say they haven’t played organized sports beyond high school. This team (defense) rallied for Rhule. Idk if it’ll continue but for today at least our defense played with purpose. 

That doesn't change how this team was built in the first place.

The players may feel sorry for this coach but even a novice can see he's way in over his head.

I'm sure you've observed that also. He sabotaged the team even before the first snap.

We saw it coming since last season, since training camp, he doesn't know how to prepare players for NFL games and when all things are equal he fails us with first/second year coaching mistakes, time management, etc etc etc.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Reality is the O played like utter dog poo

the D played against a hurt QB.  One who was clearly hurt and made the Saints O almost inoperable for most of the game. 

I mean you can’t really feel good about the Panthers at all through 3 games.  It’s the worst the Panthers have looked to kick off any season of the Rhule era 

PieFromBooger.gif.41d7b425e5c83bb448586b198821d118.gif

5 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

They played with a lot of heart and energy today and could be seen hugging and patting Rhule on the back all game. That to me is encouraging that they haven't quit on him. I know many on here want us to lose every game, even though it is only week 3, but I want to win. I don't care who the coach is as long as we are winning. Yes, Saints played like ass, but we made big plays at big moments. I personally would rather see us continue this success, than hope for losses. That's just me. 

Why would anyone poo this? 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, sorry. If you're taking this win as some sort of game changing event, you're either not paying attention or don't know what you're watching.

A win is a single win. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just like a loss is a single loss.  Don’t make more out of it than it is.. enjoy the wins when they come.  I honestly don’t care how they go about it. Although it’s more fun to watch good offense than a crappy one, but it’s nice that it still results in a win and you can work on your mistakes in the process