• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is the worst panthers team in our history

philw5289

11 hours ago, Varking said:

This is recency bias. We suck. But this isn’t the worst we’ve ever been lmao. 

Historically speaking, this is the worst.

Prior to the last three seasons, our worst ever stretch was 2000-2002, where we won 15 games.  Might seem like a tie, but 2002 was the first Fox season where Peppers was DROY.  There was hope in that, which was backed up with a Super Bowl team the very next year.

Less than five wins this year and we will be in the worst four season run in team history.  Currently that "record" is 1998-2001, which was the end of the Capers era and the entire Seifert era.

Nothing recent about it.  This is as bad as it gets unless we reach for new lows.

• Pie 1

You don't even need to go back to 2001. I don't think people remember just how absolutely dogshit this team was in 2010 outside of the Matt Moore/David Gettis show for one week until Moore got hurt. 

Just look at this. 
image.png.7c6fcbdea279986218a0382bae858543.png

I'm pissed too. I want Rhule gone tomorrow (today would be nice) - I hope he didnt sleep at all and steps in a puddle wearing socks this morning on his way out the door. 

But this team isnt the worst we've ever been. Hell, I dont know that it looks worse than we did last year. Maybe just as bad - but idk if I can say its worse. 

Yes I am more hopeless than 2001 and 2010. For all his faults, Richardson was a much better owner. 

Tepper took a team that made it to two superbowls and made the playoffs every two or three years. He promised no mediocrity. Congratulations we’re the new old Cleveland Browns.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

You don't even need to go back to 2001. I don't think people remember just how absolutely dogshit this team was in 2010 outside of the Matt Moore/David Gettis show for one week until Moore got hurt. 

Just look at this. 
image.png.7c6fcbdea279986218a0382bae858543.png

I'm pissed too. I want Rhule gone tomorrow (today would be nice) - I hope he didnt sleep at all and steps in a puddle wearing socks this morning on his way out the door. 

But this team isnt the worst we've ever been. Hell, I dont know that it looks worse than we did last year. Maybe just as bad - but idk if I can say its worse. 

Don’t speak so soon. The schedule gets real next week