• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It sucks Corral will never get his shot this year

GoobyPls

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, I was extremely surprised Corral looked as bad as he did in preseason.  He looked completely overwhelmed and not like an NFL QB at all - not even a backup.

Unless he improves and makes an incredible leap in his development during a year in which he is sitting out due to injury, which would be extremely unlikely, if not impossible, I honestly don't even see him sticking around the league.  I know he's young and still a rookie, but you usually see something encouraging from guys that gives you something to build on...  he showed absolutely nothing.  I'm all for signing a guy grom another PS or someone who has previous starting experience at this point, but Corral would look even worse than Darnold or Baker has.

He will have to learn a new offense next year just like whoever is drafted.  He will have to hope the new coaching staff will give him a chance to compete for a roster spot. 

59 minutes ago, Snake said:

I mean he was hand picked by McAdoo. So it's not really shocking. Maybe a new staff gives him a chance but I would bet more we draft QB in the first round this year. 

Mcadoo has had success with ranking qbs in the past. He’s just not good as an OC. 

corral probably won’t ever get a chance. He was doomed the moment he was drafted here and rhule’s 2 snaps a practice then throwing him to the wolves behind players who aren’t even in the nfl anymore cemented it.

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He will have to hope the new coaching staff will give him a chance to compete for a roster spot. 

It would be unusual for them not to.  Just look at the Panthers history.  Even Clausen and Weinke both stuck around for a while after new coaching staffs (Fox and Rivera) took over.  And they both had terrible resumes.  

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Unless Fitterer is retained and that’s his guy I doubt Corral gets a fair shot to start next season.

This season would have been perfect to see what we have in Corral 

I've thought similar to this.  Corral has potential but he under rule's regime.  That's not going to be a good thing for him.  I hope he come's back with a vengence and lights up the field.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, I was extremely surprised Corral looked as bad as he did in preseason.  He looked completely overwhelmed and not like an NFL QB at all - not even a backup.

Unless he improves and makes an incredible leap in his development during a year in which he is sitting out due to injury, which would be extremely unlikely, if not impossible, I honestly don't even see him sticking around the league.  I know he's young and still a rookie, but you usually see something encouraging from guys that gives you something to build on...  he showed absolutely nothing.  I'm all for signing a guy grom another PS or someone who has previous starting experience at this point, but Corral would look even worse than Darnold or Baker has.

Corral was getting 3-5 reps in camp. Like Rhule said, he was getting those oh so important mental reps.🙃 For you or anyone to think anything definitive from that is sad. You surely didn't take anything definitive from four years of Mayfield playing with the first team and getting basically all the reps, except that he was some near elite, top 10 QB who deserved to be handed the starting job because he led a stacked team to a playoff victory one time. So excuse me if I can't seem to take your take and others' here about Corral's fait acompli of a disaster during preseason due to Rhule's utter mishandling of Corral and the coach's ineptitude about QB development seriously.

Edited by top dawg

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah this is me as well. He looked Hackenburg level “I don’t belong here”

Ive kind of accepted it at this point. 

• Pie 2