• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tepper trying to humiliate Rhule?

firefox1234

Tepper gave him a third season for better or what has turned out to be worse. He probably figured he’d let him try to dig himself out of the mess he made. The hole is getting deeper and we’re all here to witness what it looks like to enter the NFL hell that the likes of fans of the Jets, Browns, Lions, etc, experience every year. 

No Tepper just wants to say he gave Rhule a fair shot. It’s hard to sit at the other side of the table to defend your job when you had 3 years to do it. It also makes other HC candidates feel more comfortable, so they know you aren’t going to yank them out of their office after their first bad game.

• Pie 8

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

No Tepper just wants to say he gave Rhule a fair shot. It’s hard to sit at the other side of the table to defend your job when you had 3 years to do it. It also makes other HC candidates feel more comfortable, so they know you aren’t going to yank them out of their office after their first bad game.

Lol this is probably the most likely explanation.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Hardly, he’s applying the Steelers’ Coach philosophy, “never fire”.

Unfortunately for us, Tepper is retaining Rhule and not Knoll,Cower, or Tomlin.

Stubborn adherence to a rule that doesn’t really exist.

Check out Noll’s record of wins and losses especially the first three…

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm

Edited by Monrowed
Corrected the Autocorrect

Just now, Monrowed said:

Check out Knoll’s record of wins and losses especially the first three…

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm

Noll also took over a franchise that had never played in the postseason before. In almost 40  years. And the only way to build a team was the draft. No FA. So it took longer. No comparison to now. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Gotta be honest....

How many good coaches would look at this situation and get excited?

Bad owner, no QB, possible new GM who you don't know.

I don't see Sean Payton, or anyone like him lining up for this one, unless Tepp overpays again.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I think at this point we should tank the season and get legit QB for the future.

I think that could be the inevitable outcome no matter if we try or not.

Purposely tanking never seems to work.  The Dophins tried that and couldn't pull it off a few years ago.  No matter how hard a team tries to be inept, some other team will be more inept just on its own merits.  Unfortunately, I think we are that "some other team."

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I think that could be the inevitable outcome no matter if we try or not.

Purposely tanking never seems to work.  The Dophins tried that and couldn't pull it off a few years ago.  No matter how hard a team tries to be inept, some other team will be more inept just on its own merits.  Unfortunately, I think we are that "some other team."

Dolphins have looked pretty good this year. They traded away a bunch of assets in 2019 for draft picks. It  just took some time for it to come to fruition. The Tua injury might derail them, but I would push back on the idea they "couldn't pull it off".