• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

###NEXT

Kick

15 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Look on the bright side:  they had 28 points in the middle of the third quarter.  Our current brain trust takes almost two games to get to that point!

I'd personally rather take a swing at an up-and-coming NFL coordinator (a risk, but not as much of a risk as another college guy with a Process/system).  But I'd rather bring Rivera back than another swing at a Rhule/Kelly/whoever is the latest college coach everybody is drooling over.  Not only can Tepper not know how to figure out who in that group might work out, I don't think anybody can.

Kyle Shanahan is their OC and see what happen after he left Dan Quinn........Hard pass....

Edited by WestPanthers

Just now, WestPanthers said:

Kyle Shanahan is their OC and see what happen after he left Dan Quinn....

Kye Shanahan is also the guy who called the plays with 4:00 to go, the lead down to 8, but the ball on the Pats 22.  At that point they could have played it smart, taken the gift of two big gains, re-extended the lead to 2-scores (11 points) and forced the Pats to burn time outs.  But he wanted to go for it, and they wound up not even getting the FG attempt, didn't cause NE to exhaust their time outs, and kept the deficit one score.

Yet Shanahan was able to get a job pretty quickly.  It was not as much of a gaffe as Darrell Bevell's brilliant strategy, but it was on the short list.

I'm not saying Quinn is the guy I want or would be a great move, but that meltdown was just as much on Shanahan's play calling when everything was on the line as anything Quinn did. 

I think we need to see at least a full season of Dorsey as a coordinator.  Right now, all he's done is taken over the offense Brian Daboll built.  Yes, Dorsey gets a LOT of credit for helping develop Josh Allen.  But let's see him call plays and be creative.

1 hour ago, Kick said:

Rumor has it Dan Quinn could be the next coach for the Panthers. 

We need a leader who can teach Football 101 to some of the current starters.  

If he can do it PLEASE make it SOOOOOOOON!!!!!

I’m not so sure Quinn is the way to go.  I honestly don’t think he is a good HC.  My understanding is that he started as a good coach at Atlanta. But then he was fired for performance later at Atlanta.

There were some obvious deficiencies in his coaching later at Atlanta.  I think he is extremely good defensive coordinator. However, coordinators don’t necessarily make good head coaches.  

It is like gambling, it is a crapshoot. You have to figure out the odds of having a good head coach.