• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MATT RHULE FIRED

NJPanthers12

11-27. in ink. record speaks for itself. I get many feeling relieved and even joy, but I think it's a sad day. what would even be a sign that Tepper's next head coach hire is going to go better than this one?

funny how Wilks seemed a logical fit for interim HC the moment he was hired. he's obviously qualified, but he's getting a "chance" in a born-to-lose situation once again. hope he galvanizes the team and makes a great case for himself as a "all the time" leader and not just a "eh we're screwed, put Wilks in charge" leader.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

What's that supposed to mean?

oh sorry I thought it was clear

the media would gladly have us hire a black head coach who was bad at their job because it doesn’t concern them if the panthers are good or not, not a concern they’d extend to the Dallas cowboys or Pittsburgh Steelers 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I go back now to the report of Wilkes and Snow not being on the same page. I know its all just technical and interim but can Wilkes actually fire or hire staff. Does he assume Rhules role completely or will trades and roster management fall to the GM now as they should have in the beginning.  Not exacly sure how everything plays out from here

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I would expect Snow to resign and Holcomb to take over honestly.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If the rumors about Wilkes and Snow are true, I wonder if he stays or goes as well.

I’d like to see how this plays out because if Matt takes the Nebraska job we know he can’t function with out he’s guy Phil.