• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Takeaways from Tepper's Presser

Proudiddy

10 minutes ago, chknwing said:

if you havnt seen it yet, jeebus

r7yaxbzg9us91.jpg

He seemed very irritated about this because he brought it up multiple times but kept saying that’s not a reason you let a coach go. Then proceeded to talk about it again. Sounds like it struck a nerve of his

I watched it too, I didn’t get the impression Fitterer is on the hotseat. He seemed to be indirectly blaming the personnel problems (probably mainly the QBs) on Rhule. And the irritated tone at the end came from Fowler asking if he just rolled out of bed that morning and decided on a whim to fire Rhule [“on a whim” is my addition]. Definitely made it clear that he is familiar with Fowler’s work and doesn’t appreciate either his past words or the implication from the question. 

21 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I watched it too, I didn’t get the impression Fitterer is on the hotseat. He seemed to be indirectly blaming the personnel problems (probably mainly the QBs) on Rhule. And the irritated tone at the end came from Fowler asking if he just rolled out of bed that morning and decided on a whim to fire Rhule [“on a whim” is my addition]. Definitely made it clear that he is familiar with Fowler’s work and doesn’t appreciate either his past words or the implication from the question. 

I wonder what else tepper reads online 🤔

• Flames 1

Just now, Luciu5 said:

One thing I want to mention, which I haven't seen mentioned here yet, though I haven't read through all the threads yet, Ed Foley was also fired, who was also another of Rhule's guys.

Yeah, there was a thread but it wasn't clearly stated in the title.  But yeah, it seems like Wilks was just sitting back biding his time and watching these idiots falling over themselves pretending to be coaches.  I know he couldn't wait for the opportunity.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, chknwing said:

I dont think player wise, the team is that far away.  They have been forced into a college vanilla playbook and never bought into it because it was dumb.  The same players playing an NFL scheme will play better because their skill sets will match up better and will be put into a position to make plays.  Also, Mayfield, doesnt fit Mcadoo at all.  Mayfield cant do the dink and dunk offense because hes short thus the batted balls.  Hes a gunslinger, he has better success when he has time to throw the ball down field.

Why not give Nick Foles a chance? He’s got at least 12” on Baker.

The more I reflect on this thread and his presser, I feel excited about Wilks' opportunity and what he can do with this roster under his leadership, but man, I feel really hopeless about Tepper.  The overall tone of the presser was angry and somber, and he transposed a ton of hopelessness himself.  It was pretty disconcerting.  When you take offense to answering for your failures instead of owning all of them (not some of them) and offering possible solutions, that doesn't make me feel very encouraged about your leadership.  Much of his answers for solutions were generic, throwaway, very disassociated statements...  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

The more I reflect on this thread and his presser, I feel excited about Wilks' opportunity and ehat he can do with this roster under his leadership, but man, I feel really hopeless about Tepper.  The overall tone of the presser was angry and somber, and he transposed a ton of hopelessness himself.  It was pretty disconcerting.  When you take offense to answering for your failures instead of owning all of them (not some of them) and offering possible solutions, that doesn't make me feel very encouraged about your leadership.  Much of his answers for solutions were generic, throwaway, very disassociated statements...  

Yeah why was he even bringing up concerts and a soccer team as "wins" or whatever? He's more concerned about constantly profiting off the stadium than anything

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The more I reflect on this thread and his presser, I feel excited about Wilks' opportunity and ehat he can do with this roster under his leadership, but man, I feel really hopeless about Tepper.  The overall tone of the presser was angry and somber, and he transposed a ton of hopelessness himself.  It was pretty disconcerting.  When you take offense to answering for your failures instead of owning all of them (not some of them) and offering possible solutions, that doesn't make me feel very encouraged about your leadership.  Much of his answers for solutions were generic, throwaway, very disassociated statements...  

Well Tepper is a billionaire, most people he deals with probably bend over backwards to kiss his ass. This presser is probably the reason he put off firing Rhule for so long and hoping for something to magically click. 

He finally had to eat crow. 

• Pie 1