• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Wilks Goes .500 or better...

App Panther

Tepper will want a more sure bet, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him try to make a big splash like before but in the NFL coaching tree. It won’t be with a 7 year contract….but he will still throw around big money to get who he feels that he can give another rebuild to. Wilks would deserve serious consideration if he turns the team around, but realistically I don’t see it happening.

Edited by WarPanthers89

It would be the ultimate Panthers thing for Wilks to win an extra 4 or 5 games, miss out on the top 2 QBs of the draft, and then retain Wilks for his efforts and miss out on an offensive coach. You want to talk about setting this franchise back even more years.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 4

Lol you guys are a trip. FIRE RHULE NOW !!  Less than 12 hours later …….. If Wilks fugs up our draft I will be so upset !! Wilkes sucked in Arizona ! Get rid of him !! What do you want ??? 

If that’s the case most of us should have quietly accepted Rhule for his failures until week 17, and ask for his head on a platter then. I don’t think it’s probable for Wilks to succeed,  but at this point let the man do his job, with his limited ability to make changes mid-season, without blaming him for his predecessors failures. 

If Tepper had pulled the plug at the beginning of the offseason instead of feeding his own ego and calling fans basement people maybe we wouldn't be having to ponder these things this late in the game. But Wilks is just a man stuck trying to hold back the tide. I like him but I don't envy the position he is in. I do hope the locker room and overall vibe can improve though and we end the season on a respectable note. No tanking is not going to help that it's only going to put more doubt in the back or everyone's mind.