• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera really stepped into it

NAS

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Don’t wanna bother going too far down this road, but the objective of a QB is to score points and lead his team.  Why the fug does it matter if he’s scoring TDs on the ground or not?  That’s what made him such a special player.  Sorry the former MVP doesn’t fit into your archetype of what a quarterback should be

Cam was literally just qb sneaking the ball at the goal line. Most teams would just let the RB do it but instead cam did it. Still he wasn’t a TD machine. He only threw for over 25 TDs once. 

heres something else to think about, how many times would cam run for 4 yards instead of passing to a wide open receiver and getting the first down?

• Poo 7

I mean to an extent he is being taken out of context IMO.   It’s a one sentence soundbite. 

QB is the biggest difference in terms of which rebuilds are the furthest ahead. Wentz just arrived in Washington. 

NY, Dal, Philly all have established QB rooms. Even the backup in Dallas has been in the system for years.  

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Cam was literally just qb sneaking the ball at the goal line. Most teams would just let the RB do it but instead cam did it. Still he wasn’t a TD machine. He only threw for over 25 TDs once. 

heres something else to think about, how many times would cam run for 4 yards instead of passing to a wide open receiver and getting the first down?

You have to be kidding me.  Yeah, most teams would just let the RB run it.  Just like we try to run with our backs nowadays in the red zone and are constantly stuffed?  Like that, right?  We ran with Cam because it fuging worked, dude.  He made it happen.  You can’t be this delusional.  

Here’s something else to think about, how many MVP’s from other teams have been talked about by their fans as if they’re mediocre at best at their position?

Edited by PandaMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, vorbis said:

first of all, he's right. maybe this reverberates through the locker room and screws up the team dynamic but he's 100% correct.

He's wrong.  The Cowboys are winning with Cooper Rush - their backup.  The Giants are winning with Daniel Jones, who was very close to being shoved out.  The Eagles are winning with Jalen Hurts who couldn't do anything consistently well early in his career.

Rivera should have said "We haven't done a good job developing and protecting our QB and the other teams have".  But that would be taking responsibility for the situation.  Can't have that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Calculated Risk-Taker Ronald clarified that he was talking about the QB's familiarity within the offense, i.e. Wentz has been with Washington for 1 year whereas the other QBs have had much longer to learn and operate within their respective offenses.

Tuesday, Rivera clarified that his comments about other NFC East teams were regarding the QB's familiarity with their systems while Wentz is in his first year with the Commanders.

"My whole point being is when you have a quarterback that's been around and been around your building for a specific period of time, the players know the guy," Rivera said, per The Post. "They develop this cohesiveness and this bond. We have a quarterback, he's been here for his first season, and as he continues to work and develop with our guys and assimilate to what we do, I think we will be progressively better. I thought he played very well this past week. He had some really good moments. He had a couple that I know he wished he had back, but the guy played, for the most part, a pretty doggone good football game."

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-hc-ron-rivera-takes-mea-culpa-for-carson-wentz-comments

Edited by MasterAwesome