• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Panthers are trying to trade Christian McCaffrey to the Buffalo Bills & Robbie Anderson to the Green Bay Packers

TheSpecialJuan

Yeah not to beat a dead horse, but the idea of eating a sh*t ton of dead cap and losing our best player for a late 2nd round pick is laughable. Buffalo would be getting a bargain at $36 million for the rest of this season and THREE MORE, with ZERO GUARANTEED. That's an f'in dream. Holy crap, if that's not worth a 1st and more, I don't know what is. Who could Buffalo get at the end of the 1st that would be 20% as valuable? Absolute no brainer for them.  For us, we basically pay McCaffrey to not play for us, cripple ourselves offensively, save zero money, and get a draft slot later than where we took Terrace Marshall Jr. If you honestly want to do that, you immediately deserve to be banned from criticism of any and all NFL GM decisions. I can't think of a single realistic trade for McCaffrey that would be worth it. It's a non-starter. For the record I think this headline is complete BS because I don't think Fitterer could possibly be that idiotic.

• Beer 2

so I'm going to call BS on this, CMC isnt going anywhere. he is the only reason anyone watches this team, you dont trade your one good player on offense away, thats idiotic.  And besides his contract doesnt allow for it.

as for Robby, nobody trading for that expensive ass contract for a poo player. Robby will go down as one of the all time worst Panther contracts ever. Thankfully he wont be on the team next year, and easy cut to make, especially with the cap savings we will have from cutting him.  

This is an easy "some dude on twitter" post. people use your heads.

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I see that.

It doesn't show any bonuses that have already been paid, and any others they may or may not be in the remaining contract....

the dead money that we'd be on the hook for that would normally be pro-rated,  would then be dumped on next year's salary cap. 

HIs actual contract isn't bad, but you think the Panthers will dump 10s of millions of more dead money just to move CMC? 

I don't.  

BTW, I don't mind being wrong. I enjoy learning, and my memory is far from perfect, so I also forget stuff the joys of getting old and smoking a poo ton of pot when I was younger.  

What do you think that dead money of 18.3M on 2023 comes from? That’s the bonus money already paid. 

So once again. What does he have to redo about his contract, in order to be traded. What other dead money do the Panthers have to take on? One of us still doesn’t understand dead money and it sure ain’t me. 

54 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What do you think that dead money of 18.3M on 2023 comes from? That’s the bonus money already paid. 

So once again. What does he have to redo about his contract, in order to be traded. What other dead money do the Panthers have to take on? One of us still doesn’t understand dead money and it sure ain’t me. 

So right now, his bonus that has been paid, is spread out over the life of the contract. If we trade him, it will ALL count towards the 2023 cap. 

Don't toot your own horn, when ya obviously don't know what your talking about. 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

So right now, his bonus that has been paid, is spread out over the life of the contract. If we trade him, it will ALL count towards the 2023 cap. 

Don't toot your own horn, when ya obviously don't know what your talking about. 

That’s not redoing his contract. That’s every contract. CMC isn’t redoing anything. I didn’t ask for a basic definition of dead money which is all you keep giving.

You said he would have to redo his contract. And still haven’t shown any way that’s reasonable or necessary. We can discuss any players deal or teams salary cap anytime you want to prove I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

• Pie 1

I would be shocked if the Panthers haven't fielded calls for just about every player on the roster, much less CMC. Remember that Mr "in on every deal" is the team's GM.

For everyone claiming CMC is worth 2 firsts or a first and second and that he's the best RB in the NFL, take off the homer glasses. The reality is that CMC is an oft injured RB that hasn't played a full season since 2019 nor has he had over 500 yards rushing or receiving since then.

If another team was wanting what you guys want for CMC for a different player with CMC's injury history and stats, you would be talking crap about how stupid that team's GM is. The truth is that CMC is simply not worth a first round pick at this stage and the team would be lucky to get a second for him.