• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks ain't it

top dawg

13 hours ago, jackson113 said:

PJ decided to hand it off to CMC instead of taking the pass. He would have had Robbie in the flat. It's all on PJ. PJ doesn't know how to play with a good O line. Y'all making a big deal out of next gen stats. Need to see the rest of the field. PJ is garbage.

Screenshot_20221018-194158.thumb.jpg.6ea2a43e4d4a4c320accc7df5ecb6960.jpg

He’s looking at Robbie but Robbie is not looking back, so if he throws it… it’s probably a pick 6. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

He’s looking at Robbie but Robbie is not looking back, so if he throws it… it’s probably a pick 6. 

He was going to throw picks anyway.  We were going to lose that game no matter what.

It seems to me the goal was to keep the score close and try to prevent PJ from turning the ball over as much as possible. They failed miserably. 

40 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He was going to throw picks anyway.  We were going to lose that game no matter what.

It seems to me the goal was to keep the score close and try to prevent PJ from turning the ball over as much as possible. They failed miserably. 

Trust me, I’m no Walker fan. But he seems to do pretty good when the game plan is scripted. His picks occur when he’s forcing it, primarily in the red zone. But yeah I agree, the plan was probably don’t turn the ball over and get CMC the ball in space. Which could be expected after firing the Head Coach on Monday and having your starting QB in a walking boot.

• Beer 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:11 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

PJ has shown he can complete a forward pass before. Inexcusable game plan today. Sure he’s going to throw an interception eventually…but what’s the solution? Not even trying?…oh and then you let Eason make some throws? Start him then. 

I don’t know who’s idea this plan was for sure, but they can go ahead and no longer be near anything football related ever again. It would be a net gain for football. 

Thank you for having one of the more logical posts on this topic. I can go along with  the game plan to run the ball a lot to try keeping the score close.

However, when the Panthers got down score wise, it was obvious to everyone that they needed to open the game up more by passing the ball.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 2 months later...

No adjustments, in scheme or  personnel. Too conservative. Just won't take the bull by the horns. You have to know who you are playing, as well as your own weaknesses. Wilks is going to be out-coached in this league a lot. 

Say what you want, Wilks is missing something.