• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Hooker? 

I'll hypothetically take DE/MLB in the 1st and Hooker in round 2. I have no clue if there are any solid LB's or DE's in this class but that's my need based preference. If we pick #1 you might have to take Stroud or trade back if you don't love him, he was on a bye this week so didn't really get a media bump this week

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

I'll hypothetically take DE/MLB in the 1st and Hooker in round 2. I have no clue if there are any solid LB's or DE's in this class but that's my need based preference. If we pick #1 you might have to take Stroud or trade back if you don't love him, he was on a bye this week so didn't really get a media bump this week

I’m not advocating that route but if you do it’s Will Anderson Jr from Bama and don’t look back.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I agree. Outside of QB. We are missing a real MLB, DE and TE. We were spoiled all those years with Walls and Olsen. I would take Jeff King over these current TEs. 

We never had a real MLB either under this regime. Beason, Morgan, Kuechly, etc, are miles away from Whitehead and this rotation of Wilson/Littleton. 

We have Burns at DE but he is more of a pass rusher, we don’t have that run stopping DE like in years past. YGM is shaping out to be a bust.

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Beer 1

Young was really impressive against Tennessee. He took some major licks and stuck with it. The size no doubt is a concern but he consistently looks like a stud. I just get a good sense with Young, as alarming as his frame is. A team will gamble on him, his throwing ability is just too impressive.

I have to admit, I don’t see many flaws with Stroud at all. He’s not what Fields was (saying this in a good way). The only thing that makes people iffy on him is the helmet he wears. If he was the Bulldogs or Tide QB, I think the decision would be easy. 

Levis is a classic case of hitting all the measurables but every time I tune in I’m waiting to see what the buzz is about. But still, he’s got a lot to love.

I’d have taken all three  in the top 10 last season.

Penix, Duggan, Hooker, Hall, Ward, etc. have more season to make their cases.  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t viewing most of them higher than the Ridder/Willis/Corral group. Still though, they aren’t close to the top 3, and it’s really even IMO

Young, imo. 

I don’t understand why everyone is nervous to take a smaller QB when the league is close to making them wear a no-contact jersey on the field. Sure, he’ll take a few hits but he can hold up with today’s rules. 

No draft eligible QB this year has a better understanding of how to play the position than Young. And when things break down, his improvisation is elite. 

We’ve watched…

Teddy - good understanding of the game but risk averse and average athleticism/arm talent. 

Cam - the recent version is past prime and weak on arm strength and accuracy. 

Darnold - below average feel for the game. The type that looks good in drills but it’s too mechanical to translate to games. 

Baker - seeing ghosts and happy feet

Young is a great solution at QB after what we’ve watched the last few years. An elite football-IQ quarterback with good athleticism/arm talent. His ceiling is as close to Mahomes as there has been since KC drafted him. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Jim Harbaugh has a proven track record of turning disfunctional NFL franchises into winners. He's working with the next generation of players coming into the NFL soon. He killed it at Stanford with Luck, he dragged those ungrateful sissy boy 49ers to the Superbowl with a one read QB he built an offense for who looks like garbage without him now. Former Carolina Panther. Enough said.

I'm all in on the Harbaugh train. I hated the guy with a passion when he was with the Niners but man the dude can coach and we need to get back to winning. Harbaugh with a franchise QB in the NFL would win multiple Super Bowls, I honestly believe that. Still would be tough to get a franchise QB but given time I think he could find himself a prospect he likes like Mahomes with Reid.

• Pie 1

it is a testament to how stupid the average fan is that they want will Levis over Bryce young because of their height weight listing on espn.com

guys don’t just come around who are as good at playing the position as young is while still having so much physical talent

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Growl said:

it is a testament to how stupid the average fan is that they want will Levis over Bryce young because of their height weight listing on espn.com

guys don’t just come around who are as good at playing the position as young is while still having so much physical talent

What is Young's physical talent?  It is smart and great at reading defenses.  I don't see anything physically jumping off the charts?