• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

I have to ask, what is the fascination with these two Qbs?  Shoot, Qbs coming from Ohio State should be entirely out of the question at this point.  As for the Alabama QB, meh meh.  The names should be Levis, Hooker, and in a trade back scenario, Anthony Richardson.  Really at number one overall, Levis is the only guy I would personally consider.  Yet again I can't stress this enough, any name coming out of OSU, that should almost be anathema at this point!!!

Stroud, Hooker, Levis and Richardson all have NFL bodies.

Young has an NBA body

Agree with Mathias that OSU produces program guys that are not usually successful in the NFL

Hooker is very intriguing, not sure if he has all the passes in his bag of tricks, but throws a great deep ball.

Levis is running a lot due to a poor OL, heard that anywhere lately?  But seems to be scrappy and has played hurt some this year.

Richardson I agree would be a trade back option

22 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I have to ask, what is the fascination with these two Qbs?  Shoot, Qbs coming from Ohio State should be entirely out of the question at this point.  As for the Alabama QB, meh meh.  The names should be Levis, Hooker, and in a trade back scenario, Anthony Richardson.  Really at number one overall, Levis is the only guy I would personally consider.  Yet again I can't stress this enough, any name coming out of OSU, that should almost be anathema at this point!!!

Levis has terrible decision making, despite being in a QB friendly offense. Hendon Hooker runs Huepel's offense that relies on 1 on 1s, wide receiver splits and takes advantage of the college hashes. Anthony Richardson is the most up and down QB in the entire country.

You also scout the player, not the helmet. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Levis has terrible decision making, despite being in a QB friendly offense. Hendon Hooker runs Huepel's offense that relies on 1 on 1s, wide receiver splits and takes advantage of the college hashes. Anthony Richardson is the most up and down QB in the entire country.

You also scout the player, not the helmet. 

The overall history tells us we scout the helmet if it's OSU.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Young.

Stroud has the size advantage.  But I haven’t seen Stroud take the hits.  Haven’t seen him take command, read the defense, change it up and command the offense. 
If Young had the Weapons Stroud has been throwing to.   It wouldn’t be fair.  Stroud has been throwing to one of arguably the best WR core in CFB history.  Good player though.

Just he isn’t reading the defense’s the same way, avoiding pressure the same way, standing in and setting his feet throwing dots while being hit the same way.

Stroud took a beating from UM last year and our 2 1st round talent DE's.. He still made pin point passes and plays.. While maneuvering in a crowed pocket..

Wait what?? Young haven't had weapons?? Are you serious??

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Stroud took a beating from UM last year and our 2 1st round talent DE's.. He still made pin point passes and plays.. While maneuvering in a crowed pocket..

Wait what?? Young haven't had weapons?? Are you serious??

Stroud has had

the number 10 and 11 overall pick

the guy who set the RoseBowl record and a top 15 pick this year.

and none of those are even the best WR, that’d be Marvin Harrison Jr which is looking to be a Megatron/Julio level prospect.

Young has had 1 1st rd level WR and that was Williams who didn’t make it the whole season.

Stroud took hits in the Michigan game, but no where near what Young went though Saturday 

Edited by ncfan

6 minutes ago, Matthias said:

The overall history tells us we scout the helmet if it's OSU.  

The same thing was said about Texas Tech QBs in the air raid offense until Mahomes was drafted. I was not a fan of Fields but Stroud is a much better prospect than him. He can run too they just don't need to have him do that at OSU. 

Just hire Shane Steichen as HC and let him pick the Qb he wants. Maybe he thinks Matt Corrals is better than all of them?

Also ppl mentioned trade high pick for Lamar Jackson but you have to remember that you have to pay a chunk for his contract and no more cap to build around him vs the rookie contract.

• Flames 3

1 minute ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

The same thing was said about Texas Tech QBs in the air raid offense until Mahomes was drafted. I was not a fan of Fields but Stroud is a much better prospect than him. He can run too they just don't need to have him do that at OSU. 

I'm in the see it to believe it camp.  If Stroud becomes a good NFL QB, he may be the first significant one coming from that school.  I wouldn't risk a first overall pick on those odds.  The only thing that would break my line of thinking with this, was if Stroud was a consensus every 10 years generational type cat.