• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey accounted for 74.5% of the Panthers' scrimmage yards

poundaway

That is a problem.  Indicates lack of balance or lack of options otherwise.  And predictability.  Fact that we still lost by such a wide margin tells you it's a shitty desperate strategy to rely on. 

It'll be a miracle if cmc makes it healthy all the way through the year.  Even if he does he's getting used up so much by the time he hits 28 or 29 he'll hit the wall even earlier and be washed before 30

Better trade his ass now before you get hardly anything for him when the above mentioned happens or he get injured again then literally no one will want him 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 3

It demonstrates the importance of QB play in the NFL.  You can have a good rest of your team (and I'd still argue there is plenty of talent on our team), but until you have a good QB, you have nothing.

Cam carried Rivera.  Not that Ron was a terrible coach, but he made plenty of bone headed calls as a HC that Cam and Luke dug him out of over the years.

Right now, we have a team without a QB.  Sure, it would have been nice to see undefeated PJ Walker come out and win a game for us.  But that was unrealistic.  PJ had a week of practice after spending months running scout team or less.  PJ is our #4 QB and Eason is #5.

We don't have a QB right now.  

I love what CMC does.  Man, he's a beautiful machine of a RB. BUT, he's not a QB.  Until there is a QB, teams will just spy CMC all day long.  Because of his talent, he's still going to put up numbers, but it won't lead to wins.  It sucks, but that's just what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It demonstrates the importance of QB play in the NFL.  You can have a good rest of your team (and I'd still argue there is plenty of talent on our team), but until you have a good QB, you have nothing.

Cam carried Rivera.  Not that Ron was a terrible coach, but he made plenty of bone headed calls as a HC that Cam and Luke dug him out of over the years.

Right now, we have a team without a QB.  Sure, it would have been nice to see undefeated PJ Walker come out and win a game for us.  But that was unrealistic.  PJ had a week of practice after spending months running scout team or less.  PJ is our #4 QB and Eason is #5.

I love what CMC does.  Man, he's a beautiful machine of a RB. BUT, he's not a QB.  Until there is a QB, teams will just spy CMC all day long.  Because of his talent, he's still going to put up numbers, but it won't lead to wins.  It sucks, but that's just what it is.

100% right.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Though I agree fundamentally in most respects, yesterday was P.J. Walker's worse game by far. I'd say that his performance also speaks to coaching. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Though I agree fundamentally in most respects, yesterday was P.J. Walker's worse game by far. I'd say that his performance also speaks to coaching. 

Absolutely.  We are just dealing with a load of crap out there - not Wilk's fault, but what he got.

The reality is that we need a QB and a coach who can coach the QB.