• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to drop 1 more domino

Actionman0z

8 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Lol at DB being untouchable but you’re willing to trade Burns

Jaycee Horn just might be generational based on his small body of work. Sure he's had a few injuries, but he's still so young that I'm willing to take my chances. Burns is good based on his more extensive body of work, but he isn't generational. 

10 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

We need to lose 1 more big name. Don’t care if it’s burns, Shaq, Chinn, DJ, even Chinn. 

We need to add more assets for one or more of those guys. I don’t care who… only 3 players that are untouchable are DB, JC (if his pussy ass can stay healthy), and Ickey. 

We need assets out our asses to get someone to want to come here. I was a Rhule nut hugger, and I’m in full fire sale mode. Dump em all, fug it.  

I love when guys on the internet call football players soft, knowing damn well they'd never be able to make it thru one game

• Pie 3

For me it's Burns and I'm not quite sure what the fascination with him is. Solid player yes, but he is going to demand a contract that pays him like a great player. He is not a game wrecker, has never had double digit sacks in a season, and is susceptible to the run. When has he shown up in *** moments when we needed to get an offense off the field? He doesn't consistently crash the pocket and again he's been a liability in the run game for pretty much his entire career. These are the kinds of players The Carolina Panthers have overpaid for in the past and it needs to end now. We should get whatever we can for him even if it's just a 3rd round pick

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

For me it's Burns and I'm not quite sure what the fascination with him is. Solid player yes, but he is going to demand a contract that pays him like a great player. He is not a game wrecker, has never had double digit sacks in a season, and is susceptible to the run. When has he shown up in *** moments when we needed to get an offense off the field? He doesn't consistently crash the pocket and again he's been a liability in the run game for pretty much his entire career. These are the kinds of players The Carolina Panthers have overpaid for in the past and it needs to end now. We should get whatever we can for him even if it's just a 3rd round pick

I agree with your reasoning, but I'm not taking a third round pick for Burns. He's worth at least a first (with multiple picks). I'd try to pair him with a stud rookie next season if I couldn't get what I want. The third will come in the form of a compensatory pick if need be in 2024.

10 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We need a stud MLB in the draft.  Shaq needs to be out of the picture.  Luvu will the be veteran presence.  My top 3 targets are QB, TE and MLB.  Now that we have a second 2nd rounder, I'd like a bookend to Burns.

We need ALOT. We need a WR2 as well unless for some reason Marshall is able to put something on film with a corpse as his QB which I find highly unlikely. 

I think for TE you have to go after a pass catching vet like Gesicki and pair him with Tremble. You can’t use another draft pick on a TE. We’ve already burned two high picks on Tremble and Thomas. WR is a more important position and we currently have one legit receiver. 

I definitely agree we need another domino to fall tho. If it’s me I would try trading Shaq and Donte. Three years and $32 mil is pretty friendly deal for a guy who’s a solid corner. Panthers could get a 3rd and cap relief from DJ IMO.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

We need to lose 1 more big name. Don’t care if it’s burns, Shaq, Chinn, DJ, even Chinn. 

We need to add more assets for one or more of those guys. I don’t care who… only 3 players that are untouchable are DB, JC (if his pussy ass can stay healthy), and Ickey. 

We need assets out our asses to get someone to want to come here. I was a Rhule nut hugger, and I’m in full fire sale mode. Dump em all, fug it.  

You dumbasses obviously don't understand that draft picks are all lottery tickets. That there's no guarantee they will become great players. 

Especially past the 1st round. 

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We need a stud MLB in the draft.  Shaq needs to be out of the picture.  Luvu will the be veteran presence.  My top 3 targets are QB, TE and MLB.  Now that we have a second 2nd rounder, I'd like a bookend to Burns.

Honestly it's not likely gonna happen. Every monster lb we ever had has been drafted in the first round. We using ours on a qb most likely. As far as a de to go across from butns in the 2nd, it's hit and miss. We drafted YGM in the 2nd and he has not planned out.