• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade CMC = most rushing yards on the year

CRA

1 hour ago, mbarbour21 said:

We failed to use CMC correctly, it’s not his fault.

Sometimes, teams cater too much to their superstar players and forget that it really does take a team to win. Seems like the Panthers fell into that pattern. Trading CMC is going to be a blessing in that they now have to have a fully developed offense. And teams can't just camp on the star anymore.

I have no illusions that the Panthers are a playoff team, but I think it proves good QB play is more beneficial than any other position on the field. Not RB nor WR, good QB play.

Will be happy if CMC is successful in San Fran, but I think we'll see addition by subtraction here.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Raleigh PF said:

Sometimes, teams cater too much to their superstar players and forget that it really does take a team to win. Seems like the Panthers fell into that pattern. Trading CMC is going to be a blessing in that they now have to have a fully developed offense. And teams can't just camp on the star anymore.

I have no illusions that the Panthers are a playoff team, but I think it proves good QB play is more beneficial than any other position on the field. Not RB nor WR, good QB play.

Will be happy if CMC is successful in San Fran, but I think we'll see addition by subtraction here.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. I just feel like it’s our fault we were not capable of balancing the offense and I don’t think we are a more talented team without him. Granted, we may play better AS a team. But it’s sad he had to leave in order for us to succeed. QB play is far more important than any other position, but we didn’t have to get rid of CMC to have good QB play, and if we did, then our coaching staff is to blame. Regardless of the reason, he is gone and we are one game away from potentially leading the division. Hope PJ continues to play well.

6 hours ago, Varking said:

It’s the easiest position to replace in the NFL. 

The great Jim Brown retired after the 1965 season after winning MVP and leading the league in rushing for the 8th time in 9 seasons. He was replaced by Leroy Kelly who put up 3 All-Pro caliber seasons from 1966-1968 before injuries began to affect him. The Browns were a title threat every year for the rest of decade with Kelly as the feature back although they never made it to the Super Bowl.

You just can't replace a great RB with a  scrubb. But, a good running back behind  good/great offensive run blocking will usually keep the offense running smoothly (no pun intended)

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Soooo, is it bad of me to kind of hope the 49'ers keep on losing so those draft picks we got from them become even better. I wish the best for CMC and would like for him to get a ring at some point but for this season I want those better draft picks.

Wrong? Why would you want them to do well? It helps us none.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Wrong? Why would you want them to do well? It helps us none.

I like CMC and would like for him to get a ring at some point, which seems to be a sentiment of a decent amount of our fanbase, that is why. For me, I wouldn't mind seeing him win one but this season I'd like for the 9'ers to lose to make our picks better.

Amazing what a couple of running backs many here called garbage and slow (Forman) can do when given the chance.  I think McCaffrey leaving is making the coaches actually coach for a change.  The O-line seems to be finding their footing a little now that they have had some time together as well.  Good to see them getting the ball to several players.  

• Pie 1