• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now THIS Is A Professional Offensive Line

Saca312

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Amazing how we overreact to one decent game. PJ had 60 yards passing just a week ago vs Rams 

Much of that was handcuffed play calling. But I’m also cautious with how much praise I’m giving PJ right now. Almost felt like the perfect game and not sure we will see it replicated.

The enormous difference between this O line and most of the recent past (going back to 2015 and beyond) is this group is young.  When they blow and assignment or just miss, you know they will get better and in general they have so far.   Past OLs when our past OLs would get beat, you know it was hopeless.

Expecting them to get better (and seeing it) is a much better situation than hoping they can somehow get back to where they were 3 years ago, sometimes before the injury. 

This is the position group I am most excited about.

• Beer 2

OTs and C killing it. Keep Bozeman please! Our OGs look like a liability and is an area that could actually be upgraded but no need to blow it up. Just draft some OGs and let nature take its course.

Great time to draft a rookie QB. We a finally in a good spot to protect and allow them to thrive vs survive.

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Too bad we couldn't give Cam a decent offensive line. The only thing those teams were missing

It’s no coincidence that the two best lines we’ve had in 10+ years were in seasons we went 12-4 (2013) and 15-1.  Amini Silatolu can’t haunt us anymore 

The thing that sealed Rhule's fate to be fired was his backwards blueprint for building the team. He spent and entire draft on only defense, and should have built the o-line first. Then he brought in mediocre QBs and at that point it was only a matter of time before he was fired. Yes he did try to build the o-line but it was too late. Wrong order of priorities.

Now that the o-line has been built an had time to gel we can properly evaluate our QBs. You don't know what you have at QB until the o-line can pass block. First to be evaluated, Baker. Fail. Looked like moron out there. Up next PJ. Passing so far. If he poops the bed moving forward then Sam will be behind this nice o-line next.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Walker deserves credit no doubt, but I think the offensive line deserves most of the credit for the win on Sunday, offensively. 
We finally have a line that can make even a bad to mediocre QB look decent. Which is what I think everyone wants. 
Now put an starting level/elite QB behind this line and watch the offense really come alive. 

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The thing that sealed Rhule's fate to be fired was his backwards blueprint for building the team. He spent and entire draft on only defense, and should have built the o-line first. Then he brought in mediocre QBs and at that point it was only a matter of time before he was fired. Yes he did try to build the o-line but it was too late. Wrong order of priorities.

Now that the o-line has been built an had time to gel we can properly evaluate our QBs. You don't know what you have at QB until the o-line can pass block. First to be evaluated, Baker. Fail. Looked like moron out there. Up next PJ. Passing so far. If he poops the bed moving forward then Sam will be behind this nice o-line next.

I think Darnold should already be evaluated. During the preseason when he played behind the starting line he was still locking on to his first read and nothing else. If the first read wasn’t there he’d scramble. 
For me:

Baker - No

Darnold - NO

Waker - Maybe, but he isn’t a starter in this league. Bucs defense missed some interceptions last game. A better team would have intercepted him a few times. 

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Amazing how we overreact to one decent game. PJ had 60 yards passing just a week ago vs Rams 

You're right, but in his defense he wasn't allowed to throw in that game. No one is claiming that he's the second coming of Joe Montana. It's just proof that with a half way decent QB we have a good team.