• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers win Sunday…1st place in the South

Panthers Fan 69

21 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Literally the worst division of all time. Panthers were 1st overall in every mock draft 5 days ago... and they might be in a playoff slot by midseason.

Yup. That’s not hyperbole. This may be the worst division in history, definitely worst since they made it 8. 

Panthers will figure out a way to win 5 to 7 games this year............miss any playoffs of course and as a result of finishing in the bottom half of the middle of the league thus missing out on the tanking draft picks.

.......and as a result, risk repeating that possible fate again and again. 

groundhog-day-wake-up - Project Revolver

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

You play to win. I don’t believe in tanking and players don’t purposely tank when their  livelihoods depend on winning. You play every game to win.  

Oh I agree. Last Sunday not withstanding, we have a ways to go before we can be considered playoff ready!

• Pie 1

I will say that this upcoming game IS our season and will dictate how the rest of the season goes. I will say that the Bucs look like the worst team in the league right now or damn near close to it, so I’m not as impressed by our win against them as I initially was, and the Saints might be 2nd worst and we beat them with a mediocre QB that also had a broken back.

Last week against the Bucs you could tell the Panthers were playing with a “fug it, nothing to lose, let’s have fun” type mentality. 

This Sunday against the falcons will be a GIGANTIC test to see how they do when the stakes are high and are actually playing for something with the pressure turned to 10. How do they handle the success of beating out the Bucs? How do they handle the high pressure situation of winning to get 1st place? Also, how will we do now that the falcons have tape on both PJ and the kind of offense we run without CMC?! 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Rastlet said:

We won 1 game against a collapsing Tampa Bay. Let's pump the brakes a minute. It's as if everyone has forgotten all the other games we played this year. The tank is still on.

I agree. The thing that concerns me the most is if we fall to say pick 10 or 12, Fitt will mortgage our future and move up in the draft to get a QB all because we won 7 or 8 games when we could have just tanked, kept all our future draft picks and pick any QB that we wanted to pick.

• Pie 1