• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield wanted assurance Panthers committed to winning after trades

ladypanther

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am pretty sure after next Sunday Baker can start the rest of the way and still will only cost us a 5th round pick.

Not sure but I wouldn’t even play it close. Darnold and PJ is a good enough combo to get us though the season. I’ve seen enough after his disaster start to justify cutting him at this point

1F03FC77-B37E-4CBE-A47E-36DEA685FA2D.jpeg

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The fact his ass is sitting on the bench should tell him they wanted someone who could throw a forward pass…to one of our players.

i honestly think he has post injury traumatic stress in the pocket. He looks nothing like the tenacious competitor I saw in college and all years except last year in Cleveland.  

he is irrelevant now anyway.  They would play Darnold before him I suspect 

Mayfield got Matt Ryan'ed. We won't see him again. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

70% of snaps is basically 12 games. He’s missed 2 of 7, so he’d have to miss 3 more games. I may be wrong on the 70%, but I thought that’s what I remember hearing.

After next Sunday he would have missed 4.25 games. 17/4.25 is 25%. I was under the impression it was 75% of the games. So I am wrong here.

cc: @WarPanthers89

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

He’s absolute best move right now is to be a good teammate, support PJ, and show maturity in his current situation. 

He knows he played poorly, so playing poorly and being immature about PJ playing isn’t an option. 

So he’s doing the only thing he can, and there’s nothing wrong with that imo.

I'm impressed with his maturity.

Before the year is over he may be needed on the field again whether we want to hear that or not.  As long as he has that uniform on and isn't pulling a "Robby" I will be rooting for him to succeed.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

After next Sunday he would have missed 4.25 games. 17/4.25 is 25%. I was under the impression it was 75% of the games. So I am wrong here.

cc: @WarPanthers89

Depending on how many snaps per game we average, that could be different. Under Rhule our offense was averaging high 40s. If our offense picks up, that number could end up in the 60s on a weekly basis. 

• Pie 2

I don't think we need to complicate it.  Pretty certain Baker will not be getting the incentivized snap count.  PJ was named starter even if all are healthy, it will take some games before we'd consider reversing the decision back to the worst looking QB of the bunch.

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am pretty sure after next Sunday Baker can start the rest of the way and still will only cost us a 5th round pick.

I think he'll need to miss 3 more games (including this Sunday).

Baker can only play 69.9% of snaps (the 4th triggers at 70% per Person). 

The team is on pace for ~940 snaps this season. 30.1% of that is around 283 plays missed. Currently Baker has missed 103 snaps and needs to miss another 180. At a pace of 55-60 snaps per games that is 3 additional games missed.

• Pie 4

31 minutes ago, saX man said:

I don't think we need to complicate it.  Pretty certain Baker will not be getting the incentivized snap count.  PJ was named starter even if all are healthy, it will take some games before we'd consider reversing the decision back to the worst looking QB of the bunch.

I wonder what roster move they're going to pull when Sam has to come off that 21 day deadline. PJ would have been the obvious choice to get cut and sent to practice squad a month ago. 11 days left to make a decision I think

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Someone posted it above so I assume that’s legit. 70% of 17 is 11.9. He missed some snaps the game he got hurt so 5 missed games should be enough, but 6 missed would be safer. Either way, still another game past next Sunday.

Point of order, sir. Isn't a punt an offensive play?