• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ to start vs CIN

ChuckWag78

1 hour ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Say what you will about PJ, and this will be very unpopular, but same exact situation yesterday in the final minute of the game, Cam wouldn’t have come through clutch like that. I can maybe remember one or two times at most Cam 100% won a game for us in the final minute or so like PJ almost did yesterday. 

Don’t get it twisted, Cam is obviously the better QB for sure, but he definitely lacked that clutchness we saw from PJ yesterday 

COMPLETELY disagree.  its easy for everyone to forget how many times cam drove the team into field goal range for a game winner and whoever was the kicker crapped their jockeys.  I also remember a bunch of times they scored with like 45 seconds left to take the lead only for the defense to go soft and let the other team finish with a game winner.  

• Pie 7

...I'm not a big supporter but the young man has earned it. We have 2 first rounders on the bench that can't find their azzholes with a funnel....which scares me about us draftin a first round QB in this upcoming class.  Eventually were gonna need to invest some time in developing a QB... why not PJ. With the right plays and coaches and scheme he could be the next delhomme, a game manger that can make the throws and not kill you... i'd be a great story if nothing else.

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...I'm not a big supporter but the young man has earned it. We have 2 first rounders on the bench that can't find their azzholes with a funnel....which scares me about us draftin a first round QB in this upcoming class.  Eventually were gonna need to invest some time in developing a QB... why not PJ. With the right plays and coaches and scheme he could be the next delhomme, a game manger that can make the throws and not kill you... i'd be a great story if nothing else.

I feel like I'm being gaslit by this fanbase. 

• Flames 2

18 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

People really need to “hold up” and “wait a minute”. 
He beat 1 bad teams and lost to 2 others. We’ll see what he does against an actual playoff team. 
The Bengals are not the Bucs or Falcons or Rams. 
This game is gonna be a REAL test. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Let's hope we get more 2nd half PJ, than that 1st half PJ we saw yesterday. Sheesh!! 

I liked most of his decisions, but he was just a little off on the throws in the first half. Maybe it was timing but his facial expressions lead me to believe he knew he missed the throws. 

• Pie 1

Until he reverts to the old PJ he looks better than we have seen from Sam or Baker. If that changes then next man up. It really isn't complicated.

I wish we would dump a QB for a late round pick for no other reason than just to not have to hear about one of them again. 

17 hours ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Say what you will about PJ, and this will be very unpopular, but same exact situation yesterday in the final minute of the game, Cam wouldn’t have come through clutch like that. I can maybe remember one or two times at most Cam 100% won a game for us in the final minute or so like PJ almost did yesterday. 

Don’t get it twisted, Cam is obviously the better QB for sure, but he definitely lacked that clutchness we saw from PJ yesterday 

First, I looked at who has played QB for us and their arm talent. Mostly I have thought about PJ vs Cam passing ability and we all know Cam had the heater. He could throw the ball low and far. Cannon. 
Some of his throws were about as good as it can be done. 
I saw throws the last two weeks that I would put up there with a lot of Cams better throws. 
I think, as if I would know what an NFL WR knows, but I think PJ throws a more catchable ball. 

And I know people will be pissed and don’t really get why, but I think he puts the ball in a better place to be caught. To protect the receiver and to maximize yards after catch. Sue me.

I could be having selective memory but I think there is something to explore with Walker. I won’t say it anymore because this is like the third or fourth time, but there are a lot of completions that hit these receivers in stride. To me that is the whole game of aerial offense. That’s the trick. It’s just high level. 
I don’t know how deep that runs in him but I can’t discount Walker right now after seeing those throws.  

Edited by stratocatter
  • Flames 1

I was looking forward to the 2023 season without having to see Sam or Baker in a Panther's uniform  ever again & in some ways PJ too. Corral , first round rookie, & a good vet to show both of them the ropes [sans Rhule] works very well for me, IMO. As of today, I wouldn't mind keeping PJ as that good vet.