• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eddy Piñeiro isn't cut yet ?

Chris Smitty

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're already there.

This notion that we need to cut anybody who makes a big mistake in a loss is pure fanthink, and it's silly.

No single person is ever responsible for a loss. Every minute of every game counts and has to be taken as a whole.

There is a difference between cutting a no name kicker vs WR 1.  WRs run routes. Catch balls. Block in run game. Kickers have one job. Make kicks. Can’t do that. Time to go. 

that’s the problem with the NFL and this world. No one wants to hold anyone accountable. Or be held accountable. 

Cut his ass. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

There is a difference between cutting a no name kicker vs WR 1.  WRs run routes. Catch balls. Block in run game. Kickers have one job. Make kicks. Can’t do that. Time to go. 

that’s the problem with the NFL and this world. No one wants to hold anyone accountable. Or be held accountable. 

Cut his ass. 

You make some valid points but there is probably no kickers available that are better than him. 

Unless he totally messes up big time, his job may be safe for now but I look for stiff competion among kickers in the 2023 training camp.

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Cut his ass. 

Replacing Piñeiro would make more sense had he already been missing field goals this season. Instead, he has been one of the few reliable pieces this season. While it's infuriating he missed twice yesterday, the better option is to wait and see if this starts becoming a trend for him. 

And tossing people at the first misstep is beyond absurd. That's not accountability. It's allowing emotions to dictate decisions. Try applying that logic to all kickers in the league and even Justin Tucker will be changing teams every other week trying to reach an unrealistic expectation of perfection or you're fired.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Panthers kicker taking selfies, before blowing game

His head obviously wasnt in the game at all, it's obvious he wasn't prepared for the game to be put on his foot 

Ah yes, because taking PREGAME selfies means his head wasn't in the game in OT for the kick. Got anymore horrible takes on things while you're at it.

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Cut his ass. 

And sign...who?

Is there some other kicker out there who's better and more reliable but is somehow miraculously still unemployed at this point in the season?

If there's not, then this would be an incredibly stupid move.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And sign...who?

Is there some other kicker out there who's better and more reliable but is somehow miraculously still unemployed at this point in the season?

If there's not, then this would be an incredibly stupid move.

I believe the saying is "cutting your nose off to spite your face."

We hear a lot of that on this here forum.

I’m gonna be honest I do think he should be cut, he wasn’t even supposed to be the kicker this year. This wasn’t John Kasay or Graham Gano having a bad game. This guy has played 8 games for the team. First time he has a pressure kick he blows it TWICE. 

Should be Bye Felicia but he’s here to stay to lose us more games. This franchise loves to lose. 

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m gonna be honest I do think he should be cut, he wasn’t even supposed to be the kicker this year. This wasn’t John Kasay or Graham Gano having a bad game. This guy has played 8 games for the team. First time he has a pressure kick he blows it TWICE. 

Should be Bye Felicia but he’s here to stay to lose us more games. This franchise loves to lose. 

I mean, who exactly are you planning to sign at kicker if you cut him? Not like there are just tons of better kickers sitting at home on the couch right now in the season. You guys keep talking about him as if he wasn't our "Oh poo!" emergency signing once Zane got hurt.

• The D 1

4 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

I mean, who exactly are you planning to sign at kicker if you cut him? Not like there are just tons of better kickers sitting at home on the couch right now in the season. You guys keep talking about him as if he wasn't our "Oh poo!" emergency signing once Zane got hurt.

Exactly.  Plus why was Zane even available in the first place?  Cause he missed too many kicks for his last team.  Could easily happen once he returns.  Kickers are weird.

57 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

So does it hurt to bring a few guys in for a tryout? Since nobody EVER in the history of sports has been found by bringing someone in off the couch for a tryout just to do due diligence I guess we shouldn't worry about it and say to hell with it.