• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

I am all for trading Burns for those two 1st round picks offered by the Rams.

I realize  those 1st Round Picks are a few years down the road because the Rams have been trading 1st round picks but they should be high picks that would be available just about the time the Panthers need them..

Burns is a good pass rusher but not so great against the run, so i consider him somewhat of a  one trick pony.

I feel he can eventually be replaced by a more complete DE that can rush the passer and stop the run, for close to what the Panthers will have to pay him.

Not only would the Panthers have a more complete DE, the draft picks they gain could be used in various ways to eventually help rebuild or refurbish the team.

Edited by KatsAzz

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Rams offered two first-round draft picks for Panthers EDGE Brian Burns. 

Last week's reports of Carolina fielding massive offers for Burns were not, it turns out, a smoke screen. The Rams, per Breer, were once again going with the "eff them picks" approach to team building as the team collapses on itself after its 2021 Super Bowl run. Burns is set to hit free agency and currently has four sacks, putting him on pace for a career year. That the Panthers didn't take two first rounders for Burns is stunning. The team seems incapable of committing to a full-blown rebuild. 

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Rams offered two first-round draft picks for Panthers EDGE Brian Burns. 

Last week's reports of Carolina fielding massive offers for Burns were not, it turns out, a smoke screen. The Rams, per Breer, were once again going with the "eff them picks" approach to team building as the team collapses on itself after its 2021 Super Bowl run. Burns is set to hit free agency and currently has four sacks, putting him on pace for a career year. That the Panthers didn't take two first rounders for Burns is stunning. The team seems incapable of committing to a full-blown rebuild. 

Damn getting mocked now

• Pie 2

A first round pick in 2025 is  worth what now? A third maybe. And a 1st in the 20s in 2024 is worth what? Maybe a little more. So we trade our best pass rusher who has improved significantly for what amounts to a couple of middle round picks in value. We can pay him and still have a low cap number in 2023 as new extensions are always cap friendly in year 1.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2