• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that Young/Stroud will be gone before the Panthers pick, what FA QB do u want

Our only hope is to fail next year for our QB.

We are on yet another fuging stupid ass 5 win trajectory, never learning. We will not start to win until we draft our future. Worthwhile FAs have a choice (spoiler, it won’t be here), pointless topic.

And this team’s scouting and FO are NOT talented enough to survive a San Fran/Lance or Watson type situation. That would be fuging suicide for our idiot, inept owner who doesn’t even know how to properly hire/interview for a GM or HC.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Give these head in the clouds types their wish and play Corral 

Is our GM among the head in the clouds types. Scouts? OC? Owner? The organization as a whole picks a quarterback. 

Picking a QB at any point in the draft is fun for any homer. It's the what if? What if he can lead this team like he did Ole Miss? 

Sitting on the bench in New Orleans was a QB nobody believed could take the Carolina Panthers to the Superbowl.

There was nothing physically special about Jake Delhomme. Some of his passes were ducks, but they got there.

What Jake lacked in height, athleticism he made up for with HEART. That's why him and #89 understood each other, you'd never question pre Tommy Joan Jake's heart or his ability to throw some ugly ducks pretty far.

I can't wait until Corral gets his chance with the starters. Coming in he said he'd pursue the starter position aggressively.

He actually looked good in the few practice reps we got to see, his fade throw in the end zone is a thing of beauty nobody else was reported to have swished it twice like Corral did, accuracy, touch. Baker did once, lucky.

The reporters were gushing over his quick release and him being the first guy on the field. That's skill, character, determination and at Ole Miss he was fearless, aggressive and most of all played with HEART.

People get injured. All football players do. He shouldn't have played in the bowl game, he should have continued to heal that injury protected his draft position but he played. 

He damn sure shouldn't have been made to play with a rag tag bunch of guys who probably couldn't have made Corrals highschool squad and somehow expected a Rhule assembled third string play like first stringers all around him. Good luck with that to, like any QB ever. Sabotage. 

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 4

30 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Is our GM among the head in the clouds types. Scouts? OC? Owner? The organization as a whole picks a quarterback. 

Picking a QB at any point in the draft is fun for any homer. It's the what if? What if he can lead this team like he did Ole Miss? 

Sitting on the bench in New Orleans was a QB nobody believed could take the Carolina Panthers to the Superbowl.

There was nothing physically special about Jake Delhomme. Some of his passes were ducks, but they got there.

What Jake lacked in height, athleticism he made up for with HEART. That's why him and #89 understood each other, you'd never question pre Tommy Joan Jake's heart or his ability to throw some ugly ducks pretty far.

I can't wait until Corral gets his chance with the starters. Coming in he said he'd pursue the starter position aggressively.

He actually looked good in the few practice reps we got to see, his fade throw in the end zone is a thing of beauty nobody else was reported to have swished it twice like Corral did, accuracy, touch. Baker did once, lucky.

The reporters were gushing over his quick release and him being the first guy on the field. That's skill, character, determination and at Ole Miss he was fearless, aggressive and most of all played with HEART.

People get injured. All football players do. He shouldn't have played in the bowl game, he should have continued to heal that injury protected his draft position but he played. 

He damn sure shouldn't have been made to play with a rag tag bunch of guys who probably couldn't have made Corrals highschool squad and somehow expected a Rhule assembled third string play like first stringers all around him. Good luck with that to, like any QB ever. Sabotage. 

The thing about Corral playing with all the rag tag bunch was he looked like he fitted in. Normally good players stand out around scrubs not our Matty boy. And for the love of god stop comparing him outlier QBs like it’s the norm and not the exception 

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

Florida just took a four star QB that originally commit to the Hurricanes last night. It makes me lean towards Richardson entering the draft. DJ Lagway may still commit too. If he does, Richardson is for sure going pro. I’d roll the dice on him. 

Pair him with the OC from Philly as our HC. Spend some money on Geseki in FA 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

The thing about Corral playing with all the rag tag bunch was he looked like he fitted in. Normally good players stand out around scrubs not our Matty boy. And for the love of god stop comparing him outlier QBs like it’s the norm and not the exception 

In a normal situation I would agree.  Corral preseason was not normal and it is the exception.  He was given very little reps in practice.  Secondly, his second game was far better than his first before he got hurt. This is what makes your argument flawed.  I think if you give him valuable reps he'll show he's worthy of leading this team.  

I guess we'll see where we end up in the draft and see what we do.  I won't be surprised if we trade down and gain picks or take BPA in an area of need. 

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

In a normal situation I would agree.  Corral preseason was not normal and it is the exception.  He was given very little reps in practice.  Secondly, his second game was far better than his first before he got hurt. This is what makes your argument flawed.  I think if you give him valuable reps he'll show he's worthy of leading this team.  

I guess we'll see where we end up in the draft and see what we do.  I won't be surprised if we trade down and gain picks or take BPA in an area of need. 

To be fair I don’t think there was much room to get worse for his second start. 

6 hours ago, pantherj said:

At this point with the top 2 QBs probably out of reach we may need to give Corral his shot. He looked horrendous in preseason, but that's just preseason. Maybe he can put something together next season and beat out PJ or whoever else is on the roster. Things just got very bad for next season and we still have more NFCS games to play, not to mention bad teams outside of the NFCS.

This is why I want to see Darnold.

We've assembled a brick wall, let's see if he can play behind it. We already know Walker and Mayfield are terrible.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

Pair him with the OC from Philly as our HC. Spend some money on Geseki in FA 

OC from Philly, Minshew as our vet, and someone like Richardson could work. Eagles have also been carrying 3 QBs so we could roll with Minshew, Richardson, and Corral. Minshew can start the year with Corral as backup until Richardson is ready. I wouldn’t hate this idea at all. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

How is a QB supposed to look good when their OL consisted of:

• LT Dennis Daley
  • LG Mike Horton
  • C Cade May's
  • RG Deonte Brown
  • RT Austin Pleasants

Not even prime Cam Newton could uplift that offense, and that's just the OL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1