• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Young and Stroud are gone

Chris Smitty

6 hours ago, Chris Smitty said:

Imagine we pick #6 in the next draft, Young and Stroud are gone before us. Will Anderson, Myles Murphy and Jalen Carter too.

Who do you want ? 

- We need a QB should try Levis, Hooker or Leivs too high ? 

- BPA after this 5 guys but who is it now ? Skoronski ? 

- Find a number #1 target for our next QB coming in 2024 ? Addison, Smith-Njigba, Johnston ? 

- The best Tight End in this class the kid from ND Michael Mayer ? 

- Another CB in the top 10 just for laugh ? 

You suck for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Those two are much better prospects than Young and Stroud anyway. This year you take either Marvin Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Njigba, or Will Anderson Jr.

People here hate on Will Anderson but they also hated on Micah Parsons and they have the same exact measurable. Micah Parsons has been winning games for Dallas.

So give me Will Anderson, Brian Burns, Chinn, Brown, Horn, and Luvu as a core for defense man. That is an elite group.

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You suck for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Those two are much better prospects than Young and Stroud anyway. This year you take either Marvin Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Njigba, or Will Anderson Jr.

People here hate on Will Anderson but they also hated on Micah Parsons and they have the same exact measurable. Micah Parsons has been winning games for Dallas.

So give me Will Anderson, Brian Burns, Chinn, Brown, Horn, and Luvu as a core for defense man. That is an elite group.

If you are going to draft Harrison, you might as well just draft Maye instead. Neither are eligible yet…

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

We will be lucky to pick 6th the way it's going. Winning the Bucs game was bad. Winning the Falcons game was disastrous. I have no doubt the saints will tank on us as well so they knock us out of the top 5.

If you think they wouldn't do that, and the Falcons too, you don't know the NFC South.

Bastards.

Edited by rippadonn

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If you are going to draft Harrison, you might as well just draft Maye instead. Neither are eligible yet…

Also Njigba is still dealing with hamstring issues, he's out again this week. 2 months of that isn't a good look. Quentin Johnston is around but not sure if anyone's projecting him top 10

31 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Which QB would you take?

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's crickets every time the tankers get asked who their guy would be

If picking in the top ten, Young. He's the only QB I feel is worth a top ten pick despite not having the prototypical size. The guy is a magician in the backfield and makes plays under pressure more often than not. If picking outside the top ten and Young is gone, I'd take a chance on Richardson or Penix.

Stroud is a not a first round pick for me. He doesn't handle pressure well at all. Stroud won't have the superior Oline, receivers, and 5 seconds to throw in the NFL like he does in college. He also doesn't do that well if his first read isn't there.

Levis is also not a first rounder for me. He reminds me of Darnold.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

If picking in the top ten, Young. He's the only QB I feel is worth a top ten pick despite not having the prototypical size. The guy is a magician in the backfield and makes plays under pressure more often than not. If picking outside the top ten and Young is gone, I'd take a chance on Richardson or Penix.

Stroud is a not a first round pick for me. He doesn't handle pressure well at all. Stroud won't have the superior Oline, receivers, and 5 seconds to throw in the NFL like he does in college. He also doesn't do that well if his first read isn't there.

Levis is also not a first rounder for me. He reminds me of Darnold.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I haven't really caught much of Penix. The Levis media is running out of excuses, he can't really afford to have another mediocre game if he wants to stay in the 1st round conversations

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I haven't really caught much of Penix. The Levis media is running out of excuses, he can't really afford to have another mediocre game if he wants to stay in the 1st round conversations

I haven't seen much of Penix either, but I like what little I've seen. The only thing that scares me about him is that he's already torn an ACL.

Levis is going to be another one of those guys that is overhyped and is going to bust unless he goes to the perfect situation.

Bryce Young is the only QB I like as a top ten pick, but I'm still on-board taking a shot at QB if the scouting department and new staff like one available. 

If its not a QB and Anderson, Carter, Murphy are off the board, I'm looking at Bryan Breese next to Brown or Kelee Ringo to pair with Horn on rookie deals at an expensive position. Cover the backend to let that pass rush eat. Trade back if none of these.

Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Bijan Robinson, Jahmyr Gibbs, Michael Mayer, Trenton Simpson, Noah Sewell, Brian Branch, Tyree Wilson, Isaiah Foskey, Jared Verse are players I like in a trade back situation. 

2 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Which QB would you take?

At some point you need to take a shot. No one loved the Josh Allen pick and now there aren’t 5 QBs you would trade for him. Mahomes was a system QB who played in a conference that played no defense. He is a super bowl winner. Lamar Jackson was a glorified running back. He’s won a MVP in this league.

if stroud and young are gone then that sucks. Just won a meaningless thursday game that no one will ever remember 2 years from now. If that is the case, take a chance on Levis or even Richardson. It can’t be worse than bridgewater, darnold, Walker, and mayfield. Take a chance.

• Pie 2