• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allbright: Eagles OC Shane Steichen is the hottest HC candidate out there

Saca312

4 hours ago, saX man said:

Herbert looks like crap since he left LAC & now Hurts looks like gold in PHI.

To be fair, Chargers' OC is now Joe Lombardi. Dude made the Stafford and Megatron connection look like poo.

The Lions had the #1 defense that year. Ol' Joe is just Shula x10.

Edited by Rags
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

7 hours ago, X-Clown said:

There’s no need to use hyperbole. Steichen is good, but Herbert “looks like crap” because he’s 

a) playing with broken ribs for almost the whole season (without missing any time)

b) had his #1 receiver play 3 quarters of football all season and his #3 receiver has played in 3 games.

c) lost his #2 receiver last month.

d) lost his pro bowl left tackle for the season in week 3

e) #1 TE is out in addition to the #2 TE

This of course doesn’t even touch how much their defense is banged up too. But yeah, If Shane was still there, none of that would matter?

Sounds almost as if football is a team game, and the talent and performance of your teammates matters.

Nah.

Can't be that.

• Pie 3
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, X-Clown said:

There’s no need to use hyperbole. Steichen is good, but Herbert “looks like crap” because he’s 

a) playing with broken ribs for almost the whole season (without missing any time)

b) had his #1 receiver play 3 quarters of football all season and his #3 receiver has played in 3 games.

c) lost his #2 receiver last month.

d) lost his pro bowl left tackle for the season in week 3

e) #1 TE is out in addition to the #2 TE

This of course doesn’t even touch how much their defense is banged up too. But yeah, If Shane was still there, none of that would matter?

Did not know he was going through a rib injury.  Knew he was banged up at the onset of the year but didn't know otherwise.  Thx for the context.  Still have to wonder the impact, the LAC offense has been struggling regardless.  

10 hours ago, saX man said:

Herbert looks like crap since he left LAC & now Hurts looks like gold in PHI.

I’d say a lot of that is talent around the QB.  

Kennan Allen and Mike Williams are hurt 

AJ Brown and DeVanta Smith have been healthy 

Just now, CRA said:

I’d say a lot of that is talent around the QB.  

Kennan Allen and Mike Williams are hurt 

AJ Brown and DeVanta Smith have been healthy 

Yeah Carter doesn't look that bad but Josh Palmer ain't the best dude in the WR department.  I'm not holding to some unwavering opinion but it's interesting to see how that team has changed.  Still, they have a healthy Ekeler and most of the OL in place.  Zion has been playing great and Salyer (R) has actually been holding up very well in place at LT.  Was a big part of that UGA line, remember wanting that dude in the mid rounds.  It's a mix but you know, why not get a bit hyperbolic to emphasize my preference 🙂 

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very possible, and I'd have no problem with that whatsoever.

The one question I would have would be whether Reich's age (60) might be a factor for Tepper.

Wasn’t there talk about Tepper wanting someone with HC experience and offensively minded. I think Payton is his main choice but will have to settle for Reich 

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Wasn’t there talk about Tepper wanting someone with HC experience and offensively minded. I think Payton is his main choice but will have to settle for Reich 

There was, then it changed. Latest word was that he finally got the memo that young offensive coaches are the thing right now.

That said, I think he could still go for Reich.

I think Payton might be off the table but I doubt anyone will believe it.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was, then it changed. Latest word was that he finally got the memo that young offensive coaches are the thing right now.

That said, I think he could still go for Reich.

I think Payton might be off the table but I doubt anyone will believe it.

What is Reichs general coaching style viewed as? Aggressive/Conservative? I see that he's a major Jesus freak but not much on x's and o's stuff

I don't know much about him but is Jalen Hurts pretty good? I know he struggled and took his lumps his first year like any QB would but I'm guessing the guy is pretty decent now? If so that's one heck of a pick up as I know he wasn't some number one or number two overall pick like so many here feel we must have in order to get a successful franchise QB of the future.

4 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I don't know much about him but is Jalen Hurts pretty good? I know he struggled and took his lumps his first year like any QB would but I'm guessing the guy is pretty decent now? If so that's one heck of a pick up as I know he wasn't some number one or number two overall pick like so many here feel we must have in order to get a successful franchise QB of the future.

Hurts is playing well. Like fields he showed flashes early but got the typical “he can’t pass and is just a running qb bs” that so many try people try to pigeonhole qbs like him as. Luckily the eagles didn’t listen to people that thought the team should move on, and instead built around him. They trade for AJ Brown, draft Devonta Smith and put a staff around him that built around his strengths and what do you know, he can actually play. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1