• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tenn Hooker torn acl

raleigh-panther

22 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'd have to argue it is if he's a developmental QB, and especially that combined with a mobile type.  A guy that will be 25 years old his rookie year needs to hit the ground running.  If not, you're banking on a guy being 26-27 by the time he gets going.  And being a mobile prospect, how long will that really last?  I guess he's no Weinke so there's that.

If he can play he can play.  He's not a top 25 pick so he wouldn't get more than one season to prove himself anyway.  It's a dart you throw this season and throw another next draft if Corral can't do it next season. Rinse and repeat until someone emerges.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If he can play he can play.  He's not a top 25 pick so he wouldn't get more than one season to prove himself anyway.  It's a dart you throw this season and throw another next draft if Corral can't do it next season. Rinse and repeat until someone emerges.

I'd support him if we picked him but he's not my preference.  Maybe we could catch lightning in a bottle with him.  Sucks for the kid. 

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'd support him if we picked him but he's not my preference.  Maybe we could catch lightning in a bottle with him.  Sucks for the kid. 

I'm not suggesting we should take him. I just said age shouldn't be a disqualifying factor in the selection. If they decide to take a shot on someone else they will be under the same development schedule and same expectations. 

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

9-12 months. Thats rough for a rookie to miss all of training camp at that age

Lots of factors when it comes to ACL- how much damage ie is there MCL or PCL issues too. You do not know until the cutting starts. Were the tear happen on the ACL, how much longer is the ACL?? What other stuff is floating around- cartilage, nerves, blood vessels, etc etc. If its a clean tear with no other issues, modern time is MUCH less depending on the players healing factor. Its not uncommon to be back in 6 months. Plus it depends on where you play.

Back in the stone age the GOAT Jerry Rice came back in like 4 months when he was 39(?)....before all the advance in surgery which is mainly allowing the swelling to go down and not having as much scar tissue(much less cutting) thus allowing some to come back faster.... They just have a better understanding of the ACL now.