• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quote ‘DJ needs to catch the balls when thrown to him’

raleigh-panther

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everything about the offense is broken. DJ has hung tough through bad coaching and had QB play his entire career but he finally looks like he's had enough and checked out now that he's secured the bag.

Dude prolly shouldn’t have signed a new contract if that’s how he felt.

This is the new Browns. Get on board with the dysfunctional, embarrassing, perennial losing franchise or gtfo.

In five years Tepper has (literally) not done a single thing that has positively impacted the results on the field. Unless you include firing his own inept hires. That’s what you sign up for coming to Carolina.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 4

30 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Still have to do your job 

we do…and we aren’t paid millions 

You may be a lot luckier than me but my salary isn’t guaranteed. He gets fired tomorrow he’s got 2-3 years of salary coming his way still. I get fired tomorrow I’m looking for a cardboard box to live in without another one within 6 months 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

This is why Wilks should not be the HC. He is just like Rivera and is inept when analyzing or anything to do with the offense. Our scheme is poo, our playcalls are poo, our coaching is poo, McAdoodoo sucks. He also contradicts himself about Moore being doubled and also needs to catch whats thrown to him. So how does he do that if he is doubled? Also, how much does it hurt a WRs confidence to not be thrown when he is open or to be doubled most of the game and then have to try to catch inaccurate balls when they are thrown to him? We need to clean house of this incompetent staff.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Well, he ain't lyin. I love DJ, but he just iisn'tfocused this year. The QB iissuesarent an excuse because he has quietly been one of the best WRs in the league since he was drafted and we haven't had a real, consistent, serviceable QB since Cam's arm fell off.  Yet, DJ still balled out every year. 

Just watching him this season, the first thing that's evident is we seem to be struggling to get him open schematically compared to years past.  He has the same ability and tools, yet, he is rarely ever running open this season, even with a better OL giving the QBs more time.  Secondly, PJ is the only QB who has seemed to be able to hot DJ for the big plays we're accustomed to with DJ - like the deep crossers, posts, etc.  Baker can't do poo for DJ, so that doesn't help whenever he plays.  But outside of that, just look at DJ's body language.  It has never been like this.  I don't hardly ever recall him throwing his hands up in frustration in previous seasons, walking around with his head down, etc.  This is all stuff that just seemed to pop up this season.

I've rode for DJ every year when people have criticized him and proposed trade ideas for him, etc.  And I still believe in him, but again, something is off with him with year.  He is just not engaged, he is more negatively expressive than he's ever been, and he just doesn't seem focused.  

• Pie 3

Superstar? We don't have any. The rest of his BS has already been covered. 

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

This is why Wilks should not be the HC. He is just like Rivera and is inept when analyzing or anything to do with the offense. Our scheme is poo, our playcalls are poo, our coaching is poo, McAdoodoo sucks. He also contradicts himself about Moore being doubled and also needs to catch whats thrown to him. So how does he do that if he is doubled? Also, how much does it hurt a WRs confidence to not be thrown when he is open or to be doubled most of the game and then have to try to catch inaccurate balls when they are thrown to him? We need to clean house of this incompetent staff.

Yup. Classic Ron BS. Do not want even as a DC at this point. 

In some ways I don't love this quote.  But in more ways I respect it.  Even with complete sh*tty QB's you can always tell who a standout WR is on the field.  DJ could be amazing somewhere else, especially in a complementary role.  But here, where you need to be that dog that scratches and claws and fights for every yard bc of the inept coaching, and QB play...I just don't see it.

I would've loved to see him go to Green Bay to see what he could do with a QB like Rodgers.

• Beer 1