• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t mind spending the 2nd round pick on this..

WOW!!

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My one and only (huge) reservation is how has such an amazing athletic specimen produced at such a completely pedestrian level? He has 41 catches for 712 yards and 2 TDs in his entire three year college career. 

Yeah, you definitely see flashes of elite ability. But damn... I mean that's some truly uninspiring production. Two TDs for a guy who should be a top redzone target? It just doesn't make sense.

And it's not like Georgia has sucked for the last three years...

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

unfortunately that dude is gonna be a mid to late first rounder

he's going to get to the combine and just blow scouts away

Agreed. Guy is a real specimen and will definitely be getting attention from teams picking in the 15+ range.

Someone would pull that trigger.

Would love to have him fall to us, though. Friggin beast 

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My one and only (huge) reservation is how has such an amazing athletic specimen produced at such a completely pedestrian level? He has 41 catches for 712 yards and 2 TDs in his entire three year college career. 

Yeah, you definitely see flashes of elite ability. But damn... I mean that's some truly uninspiring production. Two TDs for a guy who should be a top redzone target? It just doesn't make sense.

Offensive scheme matters. Look what Arthur Smith did to Kyle Pitts this year. An athletic phenomenon that was taken almost completely out of the offensive game plan. New QB with a new featured TE would be a match made in heaven. 

6 hours ago, Varking said:

This is just a product of how Georgia uses their Tight Ends. Bowers and Washington would be putting up monster stats on other teams. Heck, they have Gilbert who is so talented they thought about putting him out wide at WR because he’s getting no playtime. 

Georgia's a run first team. Also stetson Bennett is a game manager at best but gets the job done to win

Georgia just happens to supremely talented at the TE position. Bowers is definitely the best one though. And will probably be a first rounder in '24. Gilbert and Washington are about tied in my book... with Gilbert having more talent and Washington having the higher ceiling. Both underutilized.That said ... 

I wouldn't be suprised if one of those two (Gilbert) are still on the board in the 3rd-4th (off field concerns, "alleged" Kelvin Benjamin habits). For sure Mayer is going first BUT my personal target for this team and also the player that I think is going to drive his stock up most post combine...... Jaheim Bell 

Edited by ColumbusCounty

On 11/25/2022 at 7:15 AM, WOW!! said:

Darnell Washington TE 6’7 265 UGA

A rookie QB best friend..

I mentioned him in a post about a month ago.   Surprisingly he's not the #1 TE on Georgia's team.  Brock Bowers in a beast too and will be top pick when he comes out.  He's a sophomore so I don't think he'll come out until next year.

“How does a tight end not have production at UGA?”

because if you actually want to compete in the god damn SEC (his will be done) you fuging play defense and run the damn ball. 

hes out there to crash down on dudes (no homo), lead block, murder linebackers, and occasionally bail out Stetson Bennett who yes is a damn good dog but is destined to be running a StateFarm in Macon. 

you wanna play air raid in the SEC? That’s fine. You’ll give up 50 points to the worst alabama team in ten years and win because of the refs, you’ll get dragged by Georgia, then you give up the most points to an unranked team for a top 25 team in a century. 

I swear to god like six people on this board actually watch college football. And no UNC and NC state dont count.