• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

23 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's where I am. Stopgap and ultimately a backup while we develop Corral and see what he is. In 2 years we will either cut Corral or he will move into Darnolds spot. 

I'm fine with this plan even if we draft a QB "early" in this draft.  Darnold is, by all accounts, a good teammate. Get a new young offensive minded coach in, if he's ok with Darnold as a vet stopgap, let's do it.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, BringBackSam said:

Depends on how well Darnold performs. If he performs well and leads the Panthers to the playoffs they probably won’t have any other choice but to franchise him unless they sign him to a multi year contract. If he sucks these next few games then you just let him walk.

if Darnold leads Panthers to the playoffs franchising will become more than likely. 

A few games isn't going to undo 4 seasons worth of game tape. And leading the Panthers to the playoffs in this division isn't really that big of an accomplishment. He would need to put up some Allen, Mahomes, Hurts type of games for the remainder of the season before I'd even consider anything above 5 per season. 

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

A few games isn't going to undo 4 seasons worth of game tape. And leading the Panthers to the playoffs in this division isn't really that big of an accomplishment. He would need to put up some Allen, Mahomes, Hurts type of games for the remainder of the season before I'd even consider anything above 5 per season. 

Yes but a franchise is a guaranteed 1 year contract only. If Darnold plays wells and leads the Panthers to the playoffs some team will take their chance on him and over pay him because he’s only 25 

18 minutes ago, BringBackSam said:

Yes but a franchise is a guaranteed 1 year contract only. If Darnold plays wells and leads the Panthers to the playoffs some team will take their chance on him and over pay him because he’s only 25 

Franchise tag is $30m for a QB according to OTC. We aren't paying Darnold that and neither is anyone else.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Sam has had an opportunity to learn for a year.  He now has an OL.  Get him a TE threat, and he could be good.  Let's watch the rest of the season with an open mind.  I am not optimistic, but the Broncos have a good defense.

Truth told.

Right now, we're just auditioning for who gets to be retained as a back up QB. Now if we win out with Sam at the helm, not only would it be a frikkin' miracle but it might be enough for us to at least think about rolling with him and Matt Corral into next year and use our first draft pick on another position -- perhaps DE, TE or WR.

Sheesh, the NFCSouth is so bad this season, there's still a fair to middling chance we could win the division. We're just one game out right now... and that is unbelievable. 

• Pie 6