• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Most fans would rather have a few meaningless wins than try to build to get back to the superbowl 

If there was another Mahomes in the draft, our fans would still want to win 

I guess we really are not football smart 

And he was selected 10th overall. So what is your point if we fall a few spots?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I hate to say it, but if you want to win every week, you are following the wrong team. Ever since Cam got lit up and his shoulder officially died, we are 20-49. We are 0-4 against good teams and 4-4 against bad teams. We are squarely in the mediocre to bad teams.

I’m switching to playoff rooting because I think we do have a shot after all the losses today, especially considering 7-10 could win this division. We have 1 good team left on the schedule so we aren’t in line for a top 5 pick.

Truth bomb

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Krovvy said:

We're stuck in quarterback purgatory. A lot of posters said this would happen, just as it has, years ago.

We can only get lucky now, and it might take years. This is bad news considering the league is transitioning from the quaterback era to one where there will be possibly 20 teams seriously looking at quarterbacks every year. It's going to be much harder to get lucky.

Yup. Finding that elite QB was always going to be luck. It always is. I really think we’ll be in QB purgatory for a long time. Most teams are.

• Pie 1

Mahomes - 10th overall pick

Watson - 12th overall pick

Josh Allen - 7th overall pick

Justin Herbert - 6th overall pick

Lamar Jackson - 32nd overall pick

Jalen Hurts - 53rd overall pick

Would I prefer a top 2 pick to have our choice of QB prospects? Sure. But let's not act like it's the be all end all to getting out of QB hell. Hell, look at the litany of QBs in the past few drafts that went in the top 5:

Darnold

Mayfield

Trubisky

Goff

Trey Lance

Zach Wilson

For every Joe Burrow or Cam Newton at #1 overall, there's a Baker Mayfield and Jared Goff out there.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 6

You know how people keep bringing up how that early pick on a QB isn't a guarantee?

You know how people keep bringing up how we had an opportunity to draft Fields?

The less teams in front of you the better. It's all about the math. The "results" are unknown for every player drafted in every round. You want the widest selection possible without having to trade up.

It's quite simple.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You know how people keep bringing up how that early pick on a QB isn't a guarantee?

The less teams in front of you the better. It's all about the math. The "results" are unknown for every player drafted in every round. You want the widest selection possible without having to trade up.

It's quite simple.

Justin Fields went 11th overall my guy.

edit: and everyone was saying he was a bust until about 3-4 weeks ago.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You missed my point. We picked 8th. People get angry we didn't draft him.

fields has been the worst QB in 16 games

a unique/positive in 4.

those "draft FIELDDSSDSDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS" crew were library silent during the 2021 season and the first 4 2022 games..... now hes hurt after using his legs......

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

That makes literally no sense.

Right, cause tanking and getting all these QBs over the years in the top 5 worked for Cleveland, Detroit, NYJ, etc. 

There is no Luck, Newton, or Mahomes in this draft. 

Wanting to lose is such a weak mentality. You’re gonna lose out and piss of the players and run away potential Free Agents to draft the next Brady Quinn, Zach Wilson, or Dwayne Haskins. 

You want to win, change the culture, win on Sundays, attract FAs, keep your players happy, and take BPA. 

Get that loser mentality poo out of here. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's quite simple.

Yes it worked so well for the Jets, Lions, and Browns all those years. God you’re so right.

• Pie 5