• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember that time Derrick Brown got on twitter....

TheCasillas

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're a high profile athlete and want a social media presence, hire a PR form to manage it and don't even have access to the login info. Don't even look at it. Just let the PR firm do its job.

could say the same for politicians or really any high profile person. world would be a much better place without everyone shouting to the world every thought they have. 

burn, twitter, burn.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, saX man said:

Between this and not getting proper representation for his contract negotiations, Jackson seems to make a lot of really head scratcher moves off the field.  

Yeah, you're talking about a 9 figure contract with lots of complicated clauses, structuring, guaranteed money, incentives, possible outs, etc. Thinking you can handle that unless that's what you actually do for a living with ample experience is just nuts. Surely he's going to have at least a contract attorney look over any deal he negotiated before he puts ink to paper.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

could say the same for politicians or really any high profile person. world would be a much better place without everyone shouting to the world every thought they have. 

burn, twitter, burn.

Agreed. If I was any type of public figure I'd have a firm managing my social media. Hell, I have a small business and pay someone to handle it. I don't even look at it.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, you're talking about a 9 figure contract with lots of complicated clauses, structuring, guaranteed money, incentives, possible outs, etc. Thinking you can handle that unless that's what you actually do for a living with ample experience is just nuts. Surely he's going to have at least a contract attorney look over any deal he negotiated before he puts ink to paper.

I'd assume there are agents that are treating him like Nick Saban's treats his recruits. Free poo to get him to sign on. I can imagine firms like IMG are just throwing him free advice and services to navigate this whole thing in hopes that Lamar would hire them. There is no way he is truly doing this alone. 

Jackson has been a "good" qb in his years so far.  Not great like a lot of people want to think by his highlight plays.  If you just look at his statistics against good teams and in the playoffs; they are very bad.   He has been a qb that feasts on bad teams mostly at this point in his career so far.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Jackson has been a "good" qb in his years so far.  Not great like a lot of people want to think by his highlight plays.  If you just look at his statistics against good teams and in the playoffs; they are very bad.   He has been a qb that feasts on bad teams mostly at this point in his career so far.

The guy won an MVP. Now the playoffs thing? Yeah, you got a point there. He's had some real stinkers in the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're a high profile athlete and want a social media presence, hire a PR form to manage it and don't even have access to the login info. Don't even look at it. Just let the PR firm do its job.

And don't respond to a random fan that nobody's ever heard of.