• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Credit?

CPcavedweller

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Three quarterbacks, seven or so position coaches, and new defensive coordinator, all in one season.

I'd like to see another coach do what he's done with what has gone on herez especially considering the dumpster fire that Rhule left.

And he lost his only weapon

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Three quarterbacks, seven or so position coaches, and new defensive coordinator, all in one season.

I'd like to see another coach do what he's done with what has gone on herez especially considering the dumpster fire that Rhule left.

It was a dumpster fire with some really good talent on the team. We have good players outside of QB, and having such a good OL is the only reason Wilks is able to do decently like he has.  Many coaches could have come in and gone .500 with the talent on this team, imo 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Rookie TEs, and most rookie WRs don’t make major impacts. Jefferson and Chase are not the norm. And there are no Jefferson or Chase type prospects in this draft. We need to draft a QB. For folks who enjoyed the style of game we played today you could have put Anthony Richardson in there and expanded the run-game even more. If we can get a stud offensive coordinator, cool. But then that guy will be gone in a couple years if we are good. It’s why most folks want an offensive mind. 

Sam ran fine

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

There are some Wilks haters who definitely can't be very thrilled today.

The thing is that they don't understand football. They think we are running smashmouth football because that's all Wilks wants. We are doing that because we have the personnel to do it with and our tight ends are the worst receiving group in the league. Tight ends open up the entire passing game in today's schemes and we have none that would qualify as a concern for opposing coaches.

I'd say we hire Wilks, let him go find an offensive coordinator who is inventive, and build out the offensive side of the ball. Look at Tua before Mike McDaniels got there. People wanted him straight up cut. Look at Hurts before they figured out the system to run. 

I'd take Sam Darnold and a competent offensive coordinator along with a first round wide receiver all day, every day going into 2023. I'd also like for us to attempt to find a receiving threat at tight end because that would open up DJ Moore more than anything else that you can do.

For those comparing Wilks to Fox or Ron, you don't know what you're talking about. Wilks is his own man.

And even if he were Fox, last I checked Fox went out and got Manning who threw 50+ touchdown passes in a season and got the Broncos to a Super Bowl. So sign me up for that.

Edited by CPcavedweller
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

The worry is you can’t keep winning like this long-term in a passing league. It’s fine if we get ahead but we haven’t shown we can pass the ball. 

out of pie but this is definitely my opinion. I don't know what Wilks would do with a competent OC and QB, but the reality is that competent OCs get picked up for HCs.  However, I will say that if Wilks keeps winning and gets us into the playoffs I think you have to bring him back.

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He is making chicken salad out of chicken schit.

I don't know what else the man has to do

Make the playoffs in a shltty division. 

If we make the playoffs and eliminate the Bucs by beating them in Tampa, and thus end Tom Brady's career, Wilks deserves another year.

The schedule is doable.