• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The OL

Mr. Scot

Was it me or was some of the blocking schemes more complex than what we've done.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Wilks went to Mcadoo and said

"I don't care that you don't have any experience running the ball effectively.  Study it, figure it out and come back with something.  We have the linemen to do it."

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

12 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Watching our Uglies create lanes for our backs and demoralizing all the Seahawks fans around me again and again was quite satisfying, especially on that final TD drive. 

I'll need to watch the TV broadcast but seemed like it was not the best of days for pass protection. Started okay but felt like Sam was being pressured more often than he should've been given the limited pass attempts. 

The OL is the best at run blocking in the NFL. A traditional 5 man OL drop back pocket is a problem because Moton struggles against speed rushers when he has no help and Ekwonu is horrible at pass blocking against speed rushers even with help. Edge rushers have it easy and can pick the inside or outside on just about any given pass play. Shrinks the pocket for the QB and they hitch up to a small pocket with no lanes. Only option for the QB is to run up the middle or take the sack. If they set to pass on a 5 or 7 step drop, they get destroyed. Panthers QBs have made some nice completions while getting leveled this year.

14 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I really hope we randomly strike gold with a QB.  We could be a flip of the switch contender if we just find the right guy for this team.  Doesn't need to be Peyton, just the right guy to win games for us.  

Where art thou?

It could be Sammy?  Let's see how this season ends.  He could be what Jim McMahon was for the Bears.  

18 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I really hope we randomly strike gold with a QB.  We could be a flip of the switch contender if we just find the right guy for this team.  Doesn't need to be Peyton, just the right guy to win games for us.  

Where art thou?

You are not wrong sir. We do need another pass rush threat so teams can't just key on Burns, and a pass catching TE threat could really make the offense hum, but we are this bad primarily because our biggest deficiency as a team is at the most crucial position.

Pro tip: Don't do Shakespeare on the football boards. It's a bit like bringing bacon wrapped shrimp to the party with all your vegan coworkers. It's not that the bacon isn't amazing, it's just not gonna be appreciated.

• Beer 1