• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo...

Ivan The Awesome

...anyone else feel like this is a trap game for us? It just feels that way. Media picking us. 2 game win streak. Just feel like there's an outside chance that this team might be high on the wins and not focus. Technically I don't think that this team has played MEANINGFUL December football. If Wilks directs this pack of men and keeps their heads on straight. Man...January football could be beautiful. Here's hoping that they don't fug this up. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

...anyone else feel like this is a trap game for us? It just feels that way. Media picking us. 2 game win streak. Just feel like there's an outside chance that this team might be high on the wins and not focus. Technically I don't think that this team has played MEANINGFUL December football. If Wilks directs this pack of men and keeps their heads on straight. Man...January football could be beautiful. Here's hoping that they don't fug this up. 

You had me at media picking us.

That's usually where we crash and burn as a franchise for some reason.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Had a similar feeling going into Bengals game.  I thought the Panthers were finally ready to put up a statement game.  And they did, just not the statement we wanted.

Of course, the steelers aren't the bengals.  

But the one thing Wilks has us doing is beating the teams we are supposed to beat.  So until proved otherwise I am on board with a 3-1 record or better and home playoff game.  Just not sold we can beat a playoff team.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Yep, last time we were this hyped was last year when we were 3-0 was thinking we’re going to the Super Bowl. Then Sam Darnold, and the entire team just fell flat on its face. The only difference is now its Wilksinstead of Rhule, but I still don’t trust that Sam Darnold won’t fold under pressure.

Whatever happens Sunday, we should do our best to repeat the result until season’s end. 

Lose and keeping losing. A top 5 selection is still in reach. 

Win and do your best to keep winning. Top 5 pick would be out the window and sights should remain set on the playoffs. 

It’s a great spot to be in, and the crappy NFCS is helping us benefit either way. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 3