• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest thought from today

Mr. Scot

If you didn't play the angle that Tepper was a former (partial) owner of the Steelers and Mike Tomlin thinks he's a bumbling retard, and wanted to beat his ass, then you are as big of a loser as this organization.  

Meanwhile, I'll be having a porterhouse, loaded baked potato and all the liquor one can consume on my winnings from knowing the Panthers will always Panthers and find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.   

My biggest (and most surprising) thought from today :

Sam played better than I expected him to.

He also had zero turnovers (which has always been an issue for him career-wise). 

He also threw the ball away instead of forcing it which was also an issue of his.

All in all, he played a very steady game.

Unfortunately he also showed that he lacked Game-Awareness like knowing when to run and when not to.

Hopefully he fooled some GM out there into thinking he'd make a good backup for his team...

...in the meantime, I would love to see Corral get a LEGIT shot next season.

Edited by glenwo2

Run the ball

Stop the run

Win in the trenches on both sides

Get off the field on 3rd down

Time of possession

We accomplished zero of these which is a pretty solid formula to win in the NFL. We were outcoached and both our offensive and defensive gameplans were JV-level of coaching. It felt like a Ron Rivera kinda L for sure.

• Beer 2

My biggest take away from today is that we need more beef up front on both sides of the ball. And not only big but nasty as well.

We also very much need a serious upgrade in coaches and most likely a new GM as well, at least I'm on board for it. Let's start there and work our way down the list, it's a very long list.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

My biggest take away from today is that we need more beef up front on both sides of the ball. And not only big but nasty as well.

We also very much need a serious upgrade in coaches and most likely a new GM as well, at least I'm on board for it. Let's start there and work our way down the list, it's a very long list.

I was somewhat surprised because I thought our offensive line was better than it showed Sunday after seeing how they got pushed around and beat up pretty bad.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

I was somewhat surprised because I thought our offensive line was better than it showed Sunday after seeing how they got pushed around and beat up pretty bad.

They are much better than last years group and that's not debatable.  They just went up against a better defense, at least game plan wise. They held up better than I expected for most of the game. 

Pittsburgh is a tough team to out muscle when their back is against the wall. Tomlin needed this win just as badly if not more than Wilks.

There was no was they were going to let the Panthers run on them. You can bet your ass he made sure of that. He dared us to beat them with  Ben McAdoo calling pass plays for Sam Darnold. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1