• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why do you think you do it/why is it fun for you?

Are you celebrating a victory (by losing/tanking)? Or are you pissed too and taking it out on others? Some other reason?

Why do we make fun of posters who support Sam?

Why do we attack posters who want to tank?

Why do we attack posters who want Wilks here next season?

Why did we attack/make fun of/trash Rhule?

Why do we bring race into so many threads?

Why are there trolls?

Why do politics ruin so many threads?

Why do we act like WE know more than a HC or GM?

Why do we attack one another on their pick for who we should draft?

Why did we bully Pickles?

Why do we report posts that bother us?

Why do posters who support the team 24/7 think they're better fans than those who don't?

Some fans are very accepting of losses and like to look to things going better in the next game. We'll get em' next time, so what's for dinner honey? They live their lives in an optimistic way and let failure go quickly. 

Other fans become angry or at least negative and critical after a loss. They're not just going to let it go right away, but rather they're going to think about what went wrong and start blaming players and coaches.

You reading this are either type 1 or 2, or you're somewhere in between type 1 and 2, and that's a good thing.

Imagine how weird it would be if the entire fan base was in a good mood all the time and never had much of anything negative or critical to say after losing. Or imagine if the entire fan base came on  here after every loss and just ripped any player or coach who they thought had it coming, and that's all the forum was every day.

It's good to have a mixture so that things don't become to negative or positive.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

What about all of the ``optimists`` shitting on those trying to be real for the past month? STFU.

What exactly is trying to be real?  I thought rooting for your team and being optimistic is what fans did and this supported your team more than criticizing and constantly complaining. I know it is surely less negative and most folks get tired of the constantly complaining. I know I do.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, AggieLean said:

lol.

Everyone attacks everyone on here, and if you attack, you should not be surprised if it comes back to you. 

The glass half full posters have attacked those who wanted to tank. You don’t think you’re going to be able to do that, and not receive any smoke when a loss comes, right? Lol. Same came be said for the other side. 

Not everyone attacks everyone over everything. I just ignore most posts on here unless they’re exceptionally well thought out(for this forum that doesn’t take much) or mind numbingly stupid. Which at that point it’s more of a curiosity for me.

the amount of posters that post “hur dur we teh sucks!” “Hur dur we should fire everyone posts” and think they’re coming off as intelligent is laughable. No buddy, I didn’t need to read predictable fan response after something negative happened from you every time.

justice as case in point, we are essentially in the same spot now as we were before the games were played yesterday. We still controller our own destiny and if in the unlikely event we win out we’re in the playoffs!  There’s been a lot of hurt feelings and angry post on here over essentially nothing changing.

In the big scheme of things…. Thats Laughable. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Not everyone attacks everyone over everything. I just ignore most posts on here unless they’re exceptionally well thought out(for this forum that doesn’t take much) or mind numbingly stupid. Which at that point it’s more of a curiosity for me.

the amount of posters that post “hur dur we teh sucks!” “Hur dur we should fire everyone posts” and think they’re coming off as intelligent is laughable. No buddy, I didn’t need to read predictable fan response after something negative happened from you every time.

justice as case in point, we are essentially in the same spot now as we were before the games were played yesterday. We still controller our own destiny and if in the unlikely event we win out we’re in the playoffs!  There’s been a lot of hurt feelings and angry post on here over essentially nothing changing.

In the big scheme of things…. Thats Laughable. 

It's pretty laughable that we are even still in contention for the playoffs. The entire NFC South needs to do better because a team that fired it's head coach and hasn't been on a hot streak in December shouldn't be here. No matter who wins the division they have zero chance of advancing to the SB. It's not because I'm negative I see that. It's because it's just we are a terrible division. It's almost a punishment at this point. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I want us to win every game. When we lose I pivot to well at least it helps our draft stock. I think there is a growing segment of posters here who are tired of winning “one pointless game” towards the end of every season that hurts our draft positioning and causes us to miss out on a guy like Justin Herbert. The folks who typically argue with “it’s not just a game, it’s good for the culture to win” have had it their way for years now and we haven’t gotten better. This organization desperately needs a QB fans, and the building, can actually believe in. 

For me, I would rather lose out and make it easier to stay where we are at, or even move up, if we determine XYZ is our guy. 

Years ago folks wanted to trade up to first overall and mortgage the draft for two years to pair Joe Brady with Joe Burrow. Looking back, I think this would have been the right move. A win at the end of the season moves you down the draft board and makes it harder to move up. But, for the culture, right?

We missed out on drafting Justin Herbert by 1 draft slot. A slot we would have been in, or better, if not for one “culture win” to end the season. 

Then we passed on Justin Fields to grab an elite corner. Topper wanted Fields but Rhule wanted a corner. I think this was the third straight draft where we should have gone after a QB and we didn’t early. 

There were no worse cultures to be in than the Jaguars. The Jags couldn’t win games and their coach was toxic and wasted a year of a stud rookie QB. But in year 2, that QB is coming along and they are in the playoff hunt already. And they have reasons to be excited for the future. 

Chicago has reasons to be excited for the future.

Carolina does not, yet. We need a QB. It’s time to go get one high up in the draft and develop him. I am tired of winning five games with retread QBs while we waste young talents rookie years under contract. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I want us to win every game. When we lose I pivot to well at least it helps our draft stock. I think there is a growing segment of posters here who are tired of winning “one pointless game” towards the end of every season that hurts our draft positioning and causes us to miss out on a guy like Justin Herbert. The folks who typically argue with “it’s not just a game, it’s good for the culture to win” have had it their way for years now and we haven’t gotten better. This organization desperately needs a QB fans, and the building, can actually believe in. 

For me, I would rather lose out and make it easier to stay where we are at, or even move up, if we determine XYZ is our guy. 

Years ago folks wanted to trade up to first overall and mortgage the draft for two years to pair Joe Brady with Joe Burrow. Looking back, I think this would have been the right move. A win at the end of the season moves you down the draft board and makes it harder to move up. But, for the culture, right?

We missed out on drafting Justin Herbert by 1 draft slot. A slot we would have been in, or better, if not for one “culture win” to end the season. 

Then we passed on Justin Fields to grab an elite corner. Topper wanted Fields but Rhule wanted a corner. I think this was the third straight draft where we should have gone after a QB and we didn’t early. 

There were no worse cultures to be in than the Jaguars. The Jags couldn’t win games and their coach was toxic and wasted a year of a stud rookie QB. But in year 2, that QB is coming along and they are in the playoff hunt already. And they have reasons to be excited for the future. 

Chicago has reasons to be excited for the future.

Carolina does not, yet. We need a QB. It’s time to go get one high up in the draft and develop him. I am tired of winning five games with retread QBs while we waste young talents rookie years under contract. 

I dunno why you're sneaking Fields into this discussion considering he was available at our draft slot lol.  Ironically if anything, you could argue that had we won one more game in 2020, that Horn/Surtain would have been gone (Dallas was rumored to be high on one of the top two corners) and we might have actually ended up taking Fields instead.

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's pretty laughable that we are even still in contention for the playoffs. The entire NFC South needs to do better because a team that fired it's head coach and hasn't been on a hot streak in December shouldn't be here. No matter who wins the division they have zero chance of advancing to the SB. It's not because I'm negative I see that. It's because it's just we are a terrible division. It's almost a punishment at this point. 

I guess, for me, is that my view/enthusiasm/attitude for this team changed a poo ton after Rhule was fired, and that feeling of liberation hasn’t worn off (for me). 

Getting rid of him nearly felt like a playoff win in some strange way. Seeing the teams attitude change, and seeing them continue to compete has some positives in it, and yes the division is poo, by hypothetically stumbling into a division title and having a playoff game…that would enhance the Rhule firing even more. 

Sam has taken care of the ball better than I thought, but this team still lacks a QB and a better play caller at least. I don’t think as many people are seriously delusional enough to see this as a Super Bowl team, but they just want the little wins as they come. 

One of my favorite teams growing up was the 99’ team, with Beurlein, Moose, Walls, Jeffers. They only went 8-8, but they made it exciting down the stretch. I mean that’s a “failing” year, but it was entertaining and I have good memories of it. 

So if enjoying something better than our awful Rhule start is delusional, I guess add me to the group. But I don’t think that is accurate.

I think delusional is what Cowboys fans have been for the last 20 years. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

12 hours ago, pantherj said:

Some fans are very accepting of losses and like to look to things going better in the next game. We'll get em' next time, so what's for dinner honey? They live their lives in an optimistic way and let failure go quickly. 

Other fans become angry or at least negative and critical after a loss. They're not just going to let it go right away, but rather they're going to think about what went wrong and start blaming players and coaches.

You reading this are either type 1 or 2, or you're somewhere in between type 1 and 2, and that's a good thing.

Imagine how weird it would be if the entire fan base was in a good mood all the time and never had much of anything negative or critical to say after losing. Or imagine if the entire fan base came on  here after every loss and just ripped any player or coach who they thought had it coming, and that's all the forum was every day.

It's good to have a mixture so that things don't become to negative or positive.

And then there's the 3rd group that sees pretty clearly we're making the same mistakes over and over again, and are frustrated beyond words that other people just don't see it. The biggest problems with this team have been owner, GM and HC.

If you haven't been able to put together back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years, it's time to change. The 80s Bears defense is gone in the NFL. The NFL caters to high powered offense because it's more exciting. More excitement means more revenue from fans, advertising, fantasy football, and gambling. 

This franchise needs to pull its head out of its ass and storm into the new NFL. If it doesn't, it's going to be a long fuging time before we see any meaningful football played in Carolina. 

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And then there's the 3rd group that sees pretty clearly we're making the same mistakes over and over again, and are frustrated beyond words that other people just don't see it. The biggest problems with this team have been owner, GM and HC.

If you haven't been able to put together back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years, it's time to change. The 80s Bears defense is gone in the NFL. The NFL caters to high powered offense because it's more exciting. More excitement means more revenue from fans, advertising, fantasy football, and gambling. 

This franchise needs to pull its head out of its ass and storm into the new NFL. If it doesn't, it's going to be a long fuging time before we see any meaningful football played in Carolina. 

Exactly.  Seeing this team do some of the most stupidest poo known to man just solidifies how fuging moronic this franchise is from top to bottom and we need (another) hard reset after just 3 years.  We cannot fire the owner unfortunately but he damn will could clean house and hopefully get it right.   I could easily list the number of fug ups we have endured in that short time but most of you already know them.

• Beer 1

My only problem with the tanking crowd isn't that they don't want to win, it's the belief that it is at all likely that the team would deliberately put itself in a position to do so - coaches and players are fighting for their next contract, if not their pride, and while most of us know how the playoffs are likely to go even if they happen (one of the teams in this division has to win it lol), that chance alone will inspire the team. 

I don't begrudge people for seeing tanking as a path to success, and don't think the difference in opinion deserves a personal attack. Lots of personal attacks these days (I'm sure I'm not innocent of that either).  Losing for so long saps a lot of the positivity out of the fan base.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2