• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'll just leave this here...

GOAT

10 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OK, I'll do it:

Josh Allen - 1st

Pat Mahomes - 1st

Joe Burrow - 1st

Ryan Tannehill - 1st

Lamar Jackson - 1st

Herbert - 1st

Tua - 1st

And let's remember that the AFC is the better conference, sooooooooooooooooooooooo....

The only thing this list proves is that the NFC is garbage this year. Other than Hurts the NFC list is weak. 

Fitterer is going to have the toughest personnel decisions of his life this off-season. 

1. Do you keep Wilkes?

2. Do you roll with Corral coming off an injury? 

If either of those decisions is wrong it could set this franchise back another 2-3 years at least.

• Poo 1

10 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I’ll just leave this here. Quarterbacks to win the last 15 super bowls

2021 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2020 - Best QB Of All Time

2019 - Number 10 Overall Pick

2018 - Best QB Of All Time

2017 - Third Round Pick

2016 - Best QB Of All Time

2015 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2014 - Best Quarterback Of All Time

2013 - Third Round Pick

2012 - 18th Overall Pick

2011 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2010 - Number 24 Overall Pick

2009 - 2nd Round

2008 - Number 11 Overall Pick

2007 - Number 1 Overall Pick

seems to me unless you find the best quarterback of all time (Brady), who comes once in a lifetime, you need a high pick.

Also, in 2017 the 2nd overall did the majority of the work for that team that year.

• Pie 1

None of this matters. Where a guy was drafted/who won what Super Bowl…that’s history. It just tells you what happened. Not what will happen. Not context on why it happened. 

Corral/Rookie succeeding has nothing to do with history. It’s about development, coaching, surrounding talent, and their mental make up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I’ll just leave this here. Quarterbacks to win the last 15 super bowls

2021 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2020 - Best QB Of All Time

2019 - Number 10 Overall Pick

2018 - Best QB Of All Time

2017 - Third Round Pick

2016 - Best QB Of All Time

2015 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2014 - Best Quarterback Of All Time

2013 - Third Round Pick

2012 - 18th Overall Pick

2011 - Number 1 Overall Pick

2010 - Number 24 Overall Pick

2009 - 2nd Round

2008 - Number 11 Overall Pick

2007 - Number 1 Overall Pick

seems to me unless you find the best quarterback of all time (Brady), who comes once in a lifetime, you need a high pick.

this

I mean I think it's worth pointing out a few of those afc first rounders were drafted with traded picks / traded for, and in I think none of those cases did teams tank to get them.

I'm all for a first round QB if they think that guy is the one, and doing whatever it takes to get them. Would be nice to give up fewer assets to do so, but I don't stress wins and losses because the next coach is still IMO more important.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

Please stop with this narrative that the AFC is way better than the NFC. It only exists because the AFC has better offenses and media darling quarterbacks. They haven't had a positive record against the NFC since 2018 and this year they are only 34-32 against the NFC. The NFC has won 3 out of the last 5 Superbowls and 8 out of the last 15 Superbowls. There is nothing, at all, to suggest that the AFC is any better than the NFC.

The most recent winner of the AFC had a run heavy offense and a great defense. The top seed in the NFC this year has a run heavy offense (albeit due to their quarterback) and a great defense. When our team was good, we had a run heavy offense and a great defense. This may completely shatter everyone's minds because if goes against the popular narrative now, but you don't have to throw it 50 times a game to be successful. Controlling the ball, winning the turnover battle, and converting on key downs/in the redzone have been the keys to success in the entire history of the league. They still are and will always be.

Our current team is built to run the ball and play great defense. That is the identity of the Carolina Panthers and the NFC in general. Teams who copy other formulas for success and completely abandon their own never work out well. Quarterbacks matter, and if there is one that fits what we want to do when we pick in the first round, we should take him. However, blindly taking quarterbacks in the first round because your team sucks is a horrible strategy.

• Pie 2

I'm all for a top pick, if it happens organically because your team sux. Or maybe via trade as well.

But purposely losing for a high pick is a fans wet dream. It doesn't happen in the real world.

Yes we need a QB. But you folks obsessing over events out of your control are becoming redundant. It's the same argument every time. There are no new angles to add. So just keep rehashing the same opinions over and over until we finally get to the draft.

Then you can start harping on the fact we took the wrong one. lol

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OK, I'll do it:

Josh Allen - 1st

Pat Mahomes - 1st

Joe Burrow - 1st

Ryan Tannehill - 1st

Lamar Jackson - 1st

Herbert - 1st

Tua - 1st

And let's remember that the AFC is the better conference, sooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Yeah, but it kind of just illuminates further across the two conferences that it is a crapshoot.  The AFC playoff teams hit on their gambles.  The NFC playoff teams happened into their QBs, often because their acquisitions of highly touted guys didn't pan out.  Just shows you can find a guy anywhere, bit when you get those 1st rounders right, they have such a bigger impact, and that's what every team and fanbase dreams of...  and yet, you rarely ever see a team hit on a franchise QB twice in like a 20 year period.  We had ours in Cam, a generational talent, and we absolutely destroyed him and squandered it thanks to poor management.  Now, we just need to take what we can get wherever we're picking.  For every Cam, Josh Allen, Mahomes, and Jackson, there's a Gabbert, Brady Quinn, and Carson Wentz.

Edited by Proudiddy