• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Bucs GameDay Thread!

Zod

2 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Should be rooting for SF to lose in the first round. Better draft picks for the Panthers.

If Brady is smart, he announces before the playoffs start that this is his last season. NFL will stop at nothing to give him a going away ring. One final magical ride. Brady overcoming all and winning his 8th Super Bowl as his final act.

....then change his mind in like March and do it all again next year.

10 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Unsatisfied with 25 years of mostly mediocre play, the Panthers invent a new way to lose today. Fumbled snap on a punt and can't even tackle a punter. 

Also, with three damn timeouts, why the hell didn't they kick it deep. Set themselves up to not NEED AN ONSIDE KICK...and still onside kick it. That last drive gets a lot closer to the end zone if you're not starting at the 10.

Wilks botched the end of that game in a way that only a Panthers coach could.

This is correct.  I assumed when they hung on to the three timeouts and kicked the quick FG that was what they were going to do.  Wilks is really poor with analytics and clock management aspect of the game.  There have been other instances like that throughout the season.  

Playing without your two best corners, on the road against Brady, you go for the god damn first down on 4 an inches.  I am so dissapointed that WIlks could not see and understand that.  I still just do not understand that decision.  That single decison probably swuing the game anywhere from 10-17 points easily.  

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah we aren't a rookie QB away as it stands. Defense lost this game

Henderson is decent depth, Jackson is good but too small to take the daily beating you get in the NFL, and Horn is elite but apparently fragile. At this point, I want us to go defensive end and CB with her first two picks. Donald looks to be a decent game manager if we keep the line elite and I still believe in Corral. If I'm wrong, 2024 QB class looks better than 2023.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where did you see me say Wilks is the guy to turn the team around?

To his credit, he did a remarkable job given the sh-t sandwich of a situation he was handed. I have a load of respect for him.

But did he earn the full time job?

I'm my opinion, no.

Fair, I took my frustration with the game and some of the general excuse making for Wilks out on you. My apologies. Wilks has done admirably and I have a lot of respect for how quickly he turned our culture around. I’m just extremely tired of being terrible. Being average isn’t really ideal either and I think that’d be our ceiling with Wilks. I want the organization to stride for better than what I believe he’s capable of.

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Henderson is decent depth, Jackson is good but too small to take the daily beating you get in the NFL, and Horn is elite but apparently fragile. At this point, I want us to go defensive end and CB with her first two picks. Donald looks to be a decent game manager if we keep the line elite and I still believe in Corral. If I'm wrong, 2024 QB class looks better than 2023.

Yeah Levis isn't gonna beat out Darnold anytime soon. I'd go D-line,CB, or WR if we're picking around 8ish considering the list of day 1 starters available. Maybe that TE from ND. Just need a day 1 immediate impact player and there's plenty of positions we can upgrade at

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah Levis isn't gonna beat out Darnold anytime soon. I'd go D-line,CB, or WR if we're picking around 8ish considering the list of day 1 starters available. Maybe that TE from ND. Just need a day 1 immediate impact player and there's plenty of positions we can upgrade at

I haven't watched any college ball and don't dig into the draft until the season is over, which I guess it is now. So I don't know actual players yet but we need help at cb, lb, and de more than quarterback at this point. Especially if we keep Wilkes as HC. He's a strong defense/good enough offense kind of coach like we've always had.

BTW... I still think tremble can be a pass catching te.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, stirs said:

How does that work?

Remember the CMC trade?

Carolina Panthers trade RB Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers for 2023 second, third, and fourth-round picks and 2024 fifth round pick

The further the 49ers go in the playoffs, the worse it is for the Panthers' new picks.

• Flames 1