• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Burned us, but he can fix it.

top dawg

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Not gonna lie, I skimmed it. However, while Fitts has made some missteps, it can nearly be all fixed in just one offseason.  We have FIVE picks in the top 103 selections.  Firstly, he should not piss any of those away on a trade up.  I don't care how hard the fan base stomps their feet and whines for a QB.  We HAVE TO come away with a TE, WR, MLB and DE (not necessarily in the order) with the first 4 of them.   If we want to take a shot at a QB, rounds 3 or 4 will be the area.  Otherwise, we need to draft a RB, OLB and DB.  A DT or IOL would be nice, but we just don't have enough picks unless we trade back.

At this point, Burns has to be extended since he wasn't traded.  Brown and Luvu should be too.  Wilson, Elflein and Haynes need to be cap casualties.  That will create just enough cap room for roughly 2 mid-tier starting guys and a few back-up/STs types.  I like Bozeman, but he's gonna have to take a hometown deal to stay, or extremely back loaded one at very least.

Lastly.  I think Tepper will get Fitts input on the HC search.  While Tepper will make the final call, Fitts will likely help mold the list of candidates.  This may be the most crucial decision(s) he makes all offseason.  That's not hyperbole.

If Scott knocks all of of these moves out of the ballpark, this team will be in the playoffs next winter...I have no doubt.

Jesus Christ on a motorbike, thank god you’re not our GM. This is other exact opposite of what needs to be done. 

what is the disconnect between our fanbase and the understanding of how wildly important it is to acquire a competent QB through the draft?!?! IDGAF if we ship all our picks up to the Bears to get Stroud. Makes no difference at all if we continue to ignore the most important piece of the roster while stacking elite talent to not be used properly. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

The only argument I'd make to the contrary of this is Wilks' hiring (and subsequent elevation to interim HC).

Maybe, but I think that it's customary for all owners to hire the coach, or at the very least have a huge say in it. I think they're presence is even expected more during a firing of an HC and the addition of an "Interim" tag. As such, it's just hard for me to call that "meddling."

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Jesus Christ on a motorbike, thank god you’re not our GM. This is other exact opposite of what needs to be done. 

what is the disconnect between our fanbase and the understanding of how wildly important it is to acquire a competent QB through the draft?!?! IDGAF if we ship all our picks up to the Bears to get Stroud. Makes no difference at all if we continue to ignore the most important piece of the roster while stacking elite talent to not be used properly. 

Same to you, buddy.  Like the Ricky Williams trade?  Look it up if you have no clue.  And your attempt at a slam is not only stupid on a juvenile level, but blasphemous.  Your example is a fanboy dream that holds no merit in reality. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maybe, but I think that it's customary for all owners to hire the coach, or at the very least have a huge say in it. I think they're presence is even expected more during a firing of an HC and the addition of an "Interim" tag. As such, it's just hard for me to call that "meddling."

I meant hiring Wilks at all on the staff seems like it has a "Tepper decision" feel to me. Interim is different, definitely their choice.

This Burns should have been traded crap is nonsense to me. first off guy isnt 25 yet. Guys that can get you 10 sacks a year dont grow on trees. those that do demand a high price. Look at how Reddick was out of our price range after his double digit season here. Second yes hes a one dimensional speed rusher.

If the spin or speed rush doesnt work he doesnt have a good bull rush. Yet he is Long long arms great elite flexibilty and 4.5 speed at the edge which is rare. not to many qbs running away from burns. if a qb breaks outside the pocket i know my edge can chase him down. And hes fast enough to play in coverage if needed.  If u do accept that trade you not getting a pick this year. and Alteast one of those picks is going to replace him and you have to hope he is as good a pass rusher. 

What if you miss? you stuck trying to find a guy who can put pressure on the edge which to me defeats the purpose of trading him in the first place. If the rams thought he was worth 2 first and a second that shows you how valued he is by other teams. Stop looking at the league with panther colored goggles and look at what the league sees.

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This Burns should have been traded crap is nonsense to me. first off guy isnt 25 yet. Guys that can get you 10 sacks a year dont grow on trees. those that do demand a high price. Look at how Reddick was out of our price range after his double digit season here. Second yes hes a one dimensional speed rusher.

If the spin or speed rush doesnt work he doesnt have a good bull rush. Yet he is Long long arms great elite flexibilty and 4.5 speed at the edge which is rare. not to many qbs running away from burns. if a qb breaks outside the pocket i know my edge can chase him down. And hes fast enough to play in coverage if needed.  If u do accept that trade you not getting a pick this year. and Alteast one of those picks is going to replace him and you have to hope he is as good a pass rusher. 

What if you miss? you stuck trying to find a guy who can put pressure on the edge which to me defeats the purpose of trading him in the first place. If the rams thought he was worth 2 first and a second that shows you how valued he is by other teams. Stop looking at the league with panther colored goggles and look at what the league sees.

there are roughly 20 guys in the nfl that are double digit sack players

Burns is a goddamn liability in the run game (as witnessed yesterday and against pitt) so he is essentially a one trick pony no matter what his age is.  3 picks in the top 40 he is most certainly not worth especially considering we are about to pay him as the top end in the league

• Pie 2

Fitt is done. He is pulling from the Jets GM playbook.

He would have to have 3 years of success just to offset all the damage he has done. There is not much to hang your hat on as GM with what the Panthers have done over the past 2 to 3 seasons.

It's not like he found a UDFA Franchise QB that succeeded in his first season, a 1st round QB that would be MVP of the league and see a SB, drafted a complete LT, drafted a young franchise leading center, brought in a multiple playmakers at DE, found the best of the best at LB in the NFL, put in place a franchise WR that scares defenses, or traded for one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL.

Fitt has given away a lot of draft capital and cap space for little to no return. That is all he has done. Do a pros and cons list of FItt as GM and you will quickly want to move on.

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Fitt is done. He is pulling from the Jets GM playbook.

He would have to have 3 years of success just to offset all the damage he has done. There is not much to hang your hat on as GM with what the Panthers have done over the past 2 to 3 seasons.

It's not like he found a UDFA Franchise QB that succeeded in his first season, a 1st round QB that would be MVP of the league and see a SB, drafted a complete LT, drafted a young franchise leading center, brought in a multiple playmakers at DE, found the best of the best at LB in the NFL, put in place a franchise WR that scares defenses, or traded for one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL.

Fitt has given away a lot of draft capital and cap space for little to no return. That is all he has done. Do a pros and cons list of FItt as GM and you will quickly want to move on.

Quick reminder to anyone thinking of wasting their time responding: This guy has no sources, no knowledge and is 100% full of sh-t.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

If the rams thought he was worth 2 first and a second that shows you how valued he is by other teams. Stop looking at the league with panther colored goggles and look at what the league sees.

The case for doing what it takes to acquire a top QB who can will the team to winning is made right here. That's what the league sees, not a "as long as he doesn't mess it up" game manager QB and all the highs and lows of that.

Much rather a QB that we have confidence in to win us games rather than hope and crossed fingers.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive said from the jump fitt was a fuging moron for taking this job and not have total control.  I mean whats the point?

After watching the end of season press conference last year, I seriously believe he thought Rhule would be fired. You could see it in his body language and hear it in his voice he had no confidence in Rhule at all. He may have very well thought Rhule would be gone at the end of the year, he would have the offseason to find a new HC, and start putting his fingerprints on this organization. There's only 32 of these jobs available and whether or not you think it's a good situation, you never know when or if you will ever get another shot to run an NFL franchise. If he succeeds, he's going to have a job for decades. If not, well, it's back to obscurity in an NFL FO somewhere. 

One thing to remember is Tepper is heavily involved in what's happening, so much so that we restructured multiple contracts to make room for a player that didn't want to be here. How much Tepper was involved in the Burns no trade, we don't know either. The one thing I can say for certain is Tepper needs to let the NFL people do their job and stay out of it. 

• Pie 2