• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh flirting with the Carolina Panthers UPDATE

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

A similar thought has crossed my mind. I am not a “Sam lover” or a “Sam Hater.” The facts are that Sam has the tools to be a very good quarterback. He has shown marked improvement this year regardless of what the haters say. We have put a lot of work in Sam to just let him walk and start for someone else. That would truly show how inept this franchise is. I believe Harbaugh had looked at film and this factors into his thinking. 

So whats the excuse gonna be when he starts well and tails off again? The coach? The system? The o line? Im just curious. The big difference is we got a full season of darnold last year and only a few games this year which we already know he is capable of stringing some good games together till he is forced out a comfort zone. Thats facts its not hate. I dont see how acknowledging this makes someone a hater. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

20 hours ago, 4Corners said:

He has a good point about the panthers and our division. Falcons no QB. Bucs = Brady TBD. Saints no QB. Panthers no QB. Whichever team gets a legit QB first could be in the driver seat for the next 5-10. 

Yep, it’s a race to get that franchise QB. Whoever is able to get one, rules the south. I still think we overrate our current group, but even with that, and the current state of the South, we’re in decent position.

• Pie 2

18 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So whats the excuse gonna be when he starts well and tails off again? The coach? The system? The o line? Im just curious. The big difference is we got a full season of darnold last year and only a few games this year which we already know he is capable of stringing some good games together till he is forced out a comfort zone. Thats facts its not hate. I dont see how acknowledging this makes someone a hater. 

If you hate excuses and hater talk you must’ve hated the Cam era. He had the 17th ranked oline and that was more of an excuse than Sam’s 31st ranked. Don’t get me started on coaches lol…

In any case Darnold is a legit back up in this league. But aside from a draft pick what other options are there? Corral’s ceiling is Darnold despite homers.

FAs worth a poo aren’t coming here, plenty of proof for that.

Would be nice to spend a high pick or trade up for a QB everyone believes is the future, let Sam start and put in the rookie when things go to crap.

Albert Breer today in his article on the coaching carousel:

A couple other GM names connected to Harbaugh would be ex-Jaguars, Eagles and 49ers exec Tom Gamble, and Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen (or maybe someone from Baltimore’s personnel department such as Joe Hortiz). So … does Harbaugh leave Michigan? The program is in good shape, and he has a really good team coming back. But NCAA sanctions are looming, and those calls to the Panthers were made, I’m told, because of his curiosity over that job, which says to me he’s really thinking about it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/07/nfl-coaching-carousel-buzz-rumors-sean-payton-jim-harbaugh

Edited by UNCrules2187