• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

STEVE WILKS - FINAL POLL THREAD

Steve Wilks  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Steve Wilks as HC in 2023

2. 2. Grade Wilks as interem

41 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Wilks appears to be a decent chap, who also happens to be a capable motivator of young men.  He is clearly heads and shoulders above Matt Rhule when it comes to coaching in the NFL. 

Having said all that, I'm skeptical of any coach that chooses to punt, rather than to attempt a first down, (twice) when the ball is near midfield with one yard to go.  This is especially true when the game, season and the coach's future job prospects are all on the line.  An ultra conservative approach, especially when Tom Brady is your opponent, isn't a game winning formula (shades of SB Atlanta Falcons).  Being risk adverse in critical moments (that often shift game momentum) simply doesn't bode well for the team's future playoff prospects. 

Bottom line:  Hard pass on any coach that makes Ron Rivera look like a riverboat gambler.

We need a pinned post feature for threads like this. This is the winner.

• Pie 2

The players made sure to get Wilks a game ball after today's win. 

The season may have been rocky up to the middle, but Wilks did turn that ship around. Or at least stopped the sinking and got us back on a more positive track than where we were going.

Can't help that Darnold couldn't complete a pass worth anything in the first half today, but we still managed to win in the end.   "FINISH."

52 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I love the argument of saying we don't want another John Fox or Ron Rivera.

The two leaders who got us to the only super bowls in team history.

How's that flashy offense working for the Rams this year?

They’ve been to two super bowls since our last one and won one while we haven’t had back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years. But they didnt have our “grit” and didn’t win a meaningless game today so I guess that’s something to hang your hat on

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

The players made sure to get Wilks a game ball after today's win. 

The season may have been rocky up to the middle, but Wilks did turn that ship around. Or at least stopped the sinking and got us back on a more positive track than where we were going.

Can't help that Darnold couldn't complete a pass worth anything in the first half today, but we still managed to win in the end.   "FINISH."

Yeah but at least he managed to complete *the* pass that mattered to TMJ after using his legs to get a big first down to set that up. 

What was that saying?  "It's not how you start but how you finish"?   

Backup city, there he goes.  (happy trails, Sam)

Edited by glenwo2

6 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I love the argument of saying we don't want another John Fox or Ron Rivera.

The two leaders who got us to the only super bowls in team history.

How's that flashy offense working for the Rams this year?

Both never won back to back seasons and were pretty much carried to success by talent. 
No I don’t want that. I want consistency.