• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

panthertime

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Best hope for Sam is to be picked up by KC for their practice squad 3rd string QB and sit for a year or two.  Short of that he'll probably wash out of the NFL in the next year or so.

Don't underestimate the desperation of NFL teams looking for anything resembling QB help.

And Sam is not Practice Squad fodder like PJ.  

He'll end up on some team as their backup.

Just not sure if it will be ours again (you never know with Tepper and Fitterer)....

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Don't underestimate the desperation of NFL teams looking for anything resembling QB help.

And Sam is not Practice Squad fodder like PJ.  

He'll end up on some team as their backup.

Just not sure if it will be ours again (you never know with Tepper and Fitterer)....

Chances are good that Sam will end up someone's #2.

• Pie 2

QB purgatory. This is just where we are, along with plenty of other franchises. There's truly no way out that I can find right now. The Commanders have been here for decades. Had we lost a few more games there was potentially a chance we could have secured Stroud or Young, but I just don't see it now. I do think the Bears will come off that pick, but not all the way down to 9 when they can probably settle somewhere else in the top 5 and come away with a defensive centerpiece like Carter or Anderson. 

I predict we maybe bring Sam back, as well as sign someone like Minshew/Garoppolo this offseason while trying to convince ourselves this time it will be different. But it won't. Depressing days.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Growl said:

I’d like to see what him and wilks could do with an upgrade at free safety, we should be in position to take a really excellent one and get over the hump and finally get that 8th win

How does that correlate to offense at all

No reason Sam can’t be signed back up money and play until he shits the bed 5 games in and we can play the rookie we trade up for and be a good back up for years to come.

It’s comical to me most Sam haters who can’t even see he is a decent back up thought PJ was better and even starter material lmao

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Today, the WRs were not open.  Makes the qb look bad---not defending Sam, but I am defending Sam.

Had he been able to step up on that last throw to DJ that got picked it would have been a TD. Everyone here would be singing his praises.

Context is important.  

• Pie 2