• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I never said that was my opinion,  I'm stating a fact on what NFL owners do, they generally will go from one extreme to another.  Previous coach had no hc experience,  so the next one will. 

Why I think Payton ends up the coach. He's the best of both for Tepper. He's an offensive minded coach who's also a proven head coach in the NFL. 

I'm watching him during the post and breaks in the games and  I'm pretty sure he sees that the AFC is a murderers  row of Qbs n teams. The NFC has basically  Hurts, Overrated  Dak and  a bunch of guys. I'm pretty sure he'd rather come to the NFC.  It's just the whole Compensation  that has to not be ridiculous.  Shane has another great game plan  and things get really interesting  if we haven't made the hire before then. 

28 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Rumors around McDermott getting fire are going to start to swirl

now that would be one massive mistake, *but* I think mcdderp did pull a RR about promoting dosey to OC instead hiring a outsider. 

They were in a 20 year slump and mcdermott&billy saved them. They got lucky about allen becoming a MVP-type in his 3rd. just awful if hes fired.... hed be the best coach on the market as well. 

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I honestly don’t know if she has actual sourcing or not, but Verge said on twitter earlier that if we don’t get Payton it will probably be Steichen or Dorsey. 

If we don't get Payton it will probably be Steichen, or Dorsey, or Kafka, or Moore.

Source: trust me, bro. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I honestly don’t know if she has actual sourcing or not, but Verge said on twitter earlier that if we don’t get Payton it will probably be Steichen or Dorsey. 

Not feeling it with Dorsey. I don’t think he is ready. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I love all the complaints about coaching interviews taking place during the Playoffs.

"Why can't you leave these coaches alone to coach the games?!"

Yeah, sure, let's punish the teams without head coaches - make them wait until mid-February to start interviewing for a replacement. Morons. 

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If we don't get Payton it will probably be Steichen, or Dorsey, or Kafka, or Moore.

Source: trust me, bro. 

I mean it’s not the wildest prediction in the world but there has been plenty of talk that Wilks and maybe even Reich are still candidates here. This reporting contradicts that 

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

what we’re used to isn’t what we are trying to hire someone new to replicate. if you’re looking for a new HC who you hope will make you a perennial contender, 9-8 is not what you should consider an example of success. Reich has not shown any consistent success as a HC. 

You have no guarantee your upstart can attain 9-8, 11-5, 10-6. That's good enough to win the NFCS. 

Like I've said this is a team on the edge of mediocre again after Wilks, no need to base our future on hoping and wishing a coach can BECOME a head coach.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

You have no guarantee your upstart can attain 9-8, 11-5, 10-6. That's good enough to win the NFCS. 

Like I've said this is a team on the edge of mediocre again after Wilks, no need to base our future on hoping and wishing a coach can BECOME a head coach.

there is no guarantee - especially without a good QB - that any of the coaching candidates can attain that record.

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

.547 win percentage with a meddling bat sh*t crazy owner. The proof is there for all to see. 

If Matt Rhule coached like Reich he'd still be here and we'd probably be in the playoffs.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/c011b6ca8ae33802d696ef307637bb1ccac9a89e45b8ad3ff58afef5aa5c4032/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/2079104334_Screenshot_20230122-1514022.png.70b3e4ff77c8d33a6511e450de29c331.png

Love Reich best choice for us if we’re drafting a young QB especially AR-15..

54 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/07ec5fe9e22e092f08bd34b53f2c81fd69e6210cfdf516bb01107230c3beb1a8/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/10PcMWwtZSYk2k/200.gif

two winning seasons, two losing seasons, one right in the middle. sounds pretty damn mediocre to me. Reich has done nothing to show he can create a consistent winner. up and comers may be great, may bomb. we don’t know. all we get from Reich is more picks in the teens.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

two winning seasons, two losing seasons, one right in the middle. sounds pretty damn mediocre to me. Reich has done nothing to show he can create a consistent winner. up and comers may be great, may bomb. we don’t know. all we get from Reich is more picks in the teens.

Proven more than anybody other then Payton and you don’t have to give up assets to get him.. And let’s be realistic if Luck doesn’t retire (out of nowhere)  his record is drastically better..