• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper enamored with Ben Johnson per Person

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I like and respect Wilks the human being but the Tampa game changed my mind 

nothing to lose and everything to gain and he still could t be aggressive on offense with the 4th downs particularly with the poor caliber DBs left standing 

who knows what might have happened but we know what didn’t happen 

Agreed, the fact he punted on those 4th and 1s early in the game with a chance to stomp the life out of the Bucs early said he lacks killer instinct and is no different than Fox or Rivera. If they hired Wilks it’s not a horrendous decision like hiring Rhule was, but they need to find someone who is evolving with the modern NFL and can develop a QB

13 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I think he’s saying if Tepper likes him it’s unquestionably the wrong hire. 

Yeah. So that would mean whoever we hire is the wrong hire. Seems pointless to just bash the choice no matter what because of Tepper hate. 

Edited by Bear Hands

Just now, Bear Hands said:

Yeah. So that would mean whoever we hire is the wrong hire. Seems pointless to just bash the choice no matter what because of Tepper hate. Seems pointless

By definition whoever the owner hires, it will be someone who the owner likes. Such a dumb sentiment to say "Tepper like = bad hire derp"

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

We poo on McDermott when he was our DC (he was lovingly known as “mcderpit”). Yet I’d say he’s got Buffalo rolling and he’s not a 35 year old offensive coordinator and wasn’t when he was hired. 

McDermott had waaaaay more experience under his belt from Philly with Andy Reid iirc and then came here and paid his dues. 

That hire was a great calculated decision. The only equal I'd give to the McDermott hire today would be Scott Turner.

He really deserves a shot yet nobody is talking about him. He's really paid his dues, stayed in the NFL and still has the wealth of his dad and his former friends and colleagues to fall back on.

I'm not into these "hot new" guys. That's what Rhule was and many failures before him.

Johnson was the TE coach first with Detroit and a huge part of why Hockenson took off AND they were able to trade him. He was able to get production out of their other 3 TE's on the roster. Remember the 3 TD's Zylstra scored for them against us?

Makes me think we draft Mayer maybe and he tries to develop Corral / Darnold.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Johnson was the TE coach first with Detroit and a huge part of why Hockenson took off AND they were able to trade him. He was able to get production out of their other 3 TE's on the roster. Remember the 3 TD's Zylstra scored for them against us?

Makes me think we draft Mayer maybe and he tries to develop Corral / Darnold.

Johnson being able to scheme up 3 TDs for Shane Zylstra makes me think he can coach up Tremble and Thomas rather than use a top 10 pick on a TE.

edit: Altho I'd love to sign Evan Engram or Mike Gesicki in FA...Engram especially

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Johnson being able to scheme up 3 TDs for Shane Zylstra makes me think he can coach up Tremble and Thomas rather than use a top 10 pick on a TE.

Sounds like he'd be an excellent OC. Don't have any idea what kind of HC he'd be.

Tepper as a better wouldn't be the bet to follow he's been atrocious.

18 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

So you prefer the owner not to like the guy he hires?

I’d prefer this particular owner stay out of this search as much as possible and let professionals do their work if finding the right guy. He has no clue what he’s doing. I’m going to laugh loudly when this next hire flops like the last one. Tepper is a meddling owner that has no idea what it takes to build a winner at this level.  10 years from now everyone will realize he’s no better than Snyder at building a winning franchise.