• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

If this happens and we're out on Payton then I say give Wilks 1 year with an extremely short leash. If we don't make the playoffs with at least 10 wins and maybe even with that if we don't win a playoff game, see what options are out there next offseason. Not a fan of the other OCs or Reich. Tepper really should've just taken a shot on Harbaugh. Proven guy like SP but arguably better, without having to give up any draft picks to the Aints. Oh well, it ain't happening.

Don't think Wilks is taking a 1 yr contract.  He was a 1 yr "bridge" before.  Not fair to him or any HC.

• Pie 4

I saw that Jeremy Fowler reported that the Jets and IIRC, the Chargers would like to interview Reich for OC. 

IF other NFL teams want to bring him in as an OC, I do wonder if a Wilks-Reich pairing would make the most sense vs. giving Reich the keys to the car as HC. 

Still on Team Steichen....just waiting patiently with bated breath.

7 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Don't think Wilks is taking a 1 yr contract.  He was a 1 yr "bridge" before.  Not fair to him or any HC.

I mean, is it less fair than just not hiring him as full time HC at all? Give him a 2 or 3 year contract and if he sucks next year we move on and he still gets paid for a few years. For a guy whose track record isn't great either at HC or DC for that matter, any opportunity to be a HC should be welcomed and not be viewed as "unfair." It's a results oriented business. Sure generally it takes longer to build things but nearly 2 years here (including his 12 games this year) + his 1 disastrous year in Arizona would be enough for me to see he's not a great option at HC longer term. For most of us here we've already seen enough. Giving him 1 more year would be more than fair.

• Pie 1