• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

23 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

I trust Smitty's opinion and Greg Olsen's opinions more than dime a dozen analysts.   Yes, both of them were proud of Wilks and would have supported him, but I also believe both of them are well aware of the needs and deficiencies of our current roster.

The players that COUNT in the locker room are professionals and men.  They will understand that they do have a good leader incoming and what can be done to improve this team.  I could easily see us go 5-1 or at worst 4-2 in our division based upon our opponents for next year.  In addition, We also play the Bears, Texans, Colts, Titians, and possibly Rogers-less Packers next season.  All winnable games with our current roster.  THIS IS THE RIGHT MOVE.

Chance favors the prepared!!!  I'm excited to see who he pulls out of his rolodex!  Imagine if Kellen Moore gets scapegoated by the cowboys?  hmmmmmm.

Going into the draft I could see a few things happen. 

1. Wave Bye Bye to Sammy.  Enter Jacoby Bissett.  Former NC State QB, perfect veteran/bridge QB.  He's been in many systems, is well respected, and can give you some wins others do their jobs around him.

2.  We temper our aggression in the draft for a QB.  I would only push future capital for Stroud.  If the cost is too high, trade back and collect a future first round pick for next year's draft.  Come out swinging at a top 2 pick offering 3 first rounders to get either Mays or Williams. (2 - 2024 picks and a 2025).  We could draft a QB like McKee or Hooker to compete with Corral in the mean time.    If one of them hit, great problem to have.

3.  We cut some fat like Elflin, Williams, and Thomas.  Restructure Shaq on a team friendly deal.  Move Chinn to LB so he can wreck havoc again like his rookie year.  Extend Burns, and either tell DJAX he needs to take a pay cut or he will be cut.  Sign Gesicki as a TE, Devin Bush ILB, or even better, try to get bot Edmonds brothers here!

4. "BIG DICK" Nick Foles is your new QB coach, will rise to OC and take over for Frank when he retires!

The players were all in on Rhule too. This is cope.

Bashing the hiring of Reich for race reasons is grabbing at low hanging fruit IMO.  It is quite obvious that there have been instances in the past where race has played a factor specifically Brian Flores and likely Wilks AZ tenure.  However, in this case I honestly and truly feel that Frank Reich getting the position of head coach was purely a football move.

I love to bash Tepper as much as the next guy.  At times I love the guy, at other times I really wonder WTF he is thinking.  One thing I don't think he can be accurately accused of is being prejudice in his or his organizations hiring practices.  Looking only at the football operations staff (and two other notable additions) I see... 

Steve Drummonds - VP of football operations, Samir Suleiman - VP football Administration, Kevin King - Head Athletic trainer - Taylor Rajack Director of Football Analytics - Cole Spencer - Director of College Scouting - Anish Shroff Play by play announcer - are all African American or minority hirings on the football side. Ron Rivera was the first Hispanic head coach in NFL history. Perry Fewell and Steve Wilks were both interim head coaches for the Panthers. To say the Panthers are not inclusive or bias, especially under David Tepper would be an unfair statement. Lastly, there is Justine Lindsay, noting else screams inclusion more than that.
200.gif

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I approve of this hire!! When he was fired from the Colts I was  thinking Carolina needs to be on hot pursuit of him as a candidate for HC.. I am curious of his staff like everyone else!! Would like to be a fly on the wall for his path to improve the QB position.. I am sure Wentz wasn't mentioned we have a better version with Darnold...so will be an interesting off-season til the Draft!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

I'm like what ever really, but how people trashing Wilks 6-6 but happy with 3-5-1 from Reich with a better team. People where looking at Ind as a playoff team. Just saying

How can you make this argument and not include the 11, 10, and 9 win seasons he had (also conveniently left off Wilks 3-13 HC record)

Could've had him as an OC...not sure why we had to make him the Head Coach after what a GREAT JOB he did destroying a perfectly good Colts team with a potential Hall of Fame QB's, or two actually, in Rivers and Ryan.

I won't be surprised if he is mildly successful here for one or two seasons but considering the drama of Indianapolis, a place set-up to win, I'm not holding my breath. 

Wilks deserved a real shot st the job with his guys and his system in place. Three of the four Championshio Game coaches are really transcendent or have transcendent QB's. We will have none of that and Anthony Richardson might take three years to get there, if he could at all. And Reich is good, by certainly not transcendent. 

Give me Siriani, give me Doug Pederson, don't care for a coach who failed with that roster in Indianapolis.

• Pie 2