• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank You Coach Wilks!

PantherBoy95

He earned so much respect from the players and fans this year. What a turnaround he orchestrated. 

He's one helluva coach and I'd have loved to see him stay here. I kind of hope Reich makes a DC offer to him.

Still, as much as anything, Coach Wilks reminded this franchise what the Panthers are supposed to be. He gave us back our grit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Wilks was able to sweep up the ashes left behind by the Process in a matter of weeks.  He turned what I thought would be a 3 or 4 win season that was impossible to watch into a respectable season with some bright spots and hope along the way. 

If nothing else, he left the team in a far better situation than it was when he got his hands on it. 

He probably deserves the nickname Dirty Steve.  Just like Dirty Harry, he gets dirty job that comes along.  First Arizona, then following Rhule here.  If he is patient, he may be in Indy following Saturday after about week 11 next year. 

• Pie 4

To borrow a phrase I learned in Jamaica, “ much respect, Coach Wilks!” You brought this team back from the dead and helped us find our identity again. You gave a reason to watch and cheer for the Panthers again, and for that we are truly grateful. 

Best wishes for wherever your career takes you sir.

• Pie 3

Nothing but love and respect for Wilks. He exceeded what was asked of him and rallied this Team from the trash heap that Rhule left burning behind him. He embodied Keep Pounding and made this team watchable all year. 

I hope he lands on his feet elsewhere (preferably not in the NFCS) and eventually is coaching a team. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1