• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

White guy vs black guy arguing about race on TV or radio is proven formula to generate clicks and get people to tune and talk about your content. 

When those talking heads start with that kind of so uncalled for crap, that is when i switch channels.

• Pie 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

The problem is that it looks bad when you hire a white coach who got fired in 2022 with a 3-5 :record and he is hired over a black coach who took a dysfunctional team and produced a 6-6 record which is much better and came within a broken wrist away from taking us to the playoffs. You can hide behind the notion that Tepper wanted an offensive guy  but the expectation that Wilkes has to go to the playoffs versus Reich got fired and immediately gets hired again on the surface surely fuels the discussion there were 2 different standards. Especially given a report from one of our writers that Wilkes had a good plan on offense.

But there aren't 2 different standards in the NFL; there are 32. Every team and every owner is looking for something different depending on their circumstances.

The reaction wouldn't have been significantly different if Tepper would have hired any other white coach over Wilks, regardless of whether they'd been fired before or not. 

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The problem is that it looks bad when you hire a white coach who got fired in 2022 with a 3-5 :record and he is hired over a black coach who took a dysfunctional team and produced a 6-6 record which is much better and came within a broken wrist away from taking us to the playoffs. You can hide behind the notion that Tepper wanted an offensive guy  but the expectation that Wilkes has to go to the playoffs versus Reich got fired and immediately gets hired again on the surface surely fuels the discussion there were 2 different standards. Especially given a report from one of our writers that Wilkes had a good plan on offense.

oh wow a report? a plan? offense?

• Pie 4

This is one reason I just can't watch sports shows anymore because of skip and Shannon and especially Stephen a smith EVERYTHING is race involved EVERYTHING. 

And I think the most racist thing there is in the NFL is the Rooney rule , oh you HAVE to interview so and so before you can hire who you really want.

I think we are at a time now that the owners are going to hire the best person available now no matter if your white , black, Hispanic or Asian.

Edited by ncguy2184
  • Pie 3

Sports media, especially this show, are designed to feed the perpetual outrage machine. Don’t fall for it. It has no real power, and people will forget quickly. 

The irony is that if McAdoo (who has more HC experience than Wilks) was given the interim spot, no one would have ever batted an eye over this. Tepper gave an opportunity to Wilks that he never had to. If anything, Wilks’ career in the NFL was pretty much over. This revived his chance at another coordinator or even HC job. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Wilks should have never been made interim HC. I saw this coming a mile away 

Bad take. Wilks was the correct choice at the time and showed that with his performance.

That said, I don't believe he would have been the right choice for the full-time job as, like Tepper, I also wanted an offensive-minded coach. It's the way the league is trending for a reason.

Edited by Jay Roosevelt
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Wilks should have never been made interim HC. I saw this coming a mile away 

Wilks was good enough to cost us valued draft positions but not good enough to get us in the playoffs and those are not good combinations.

• Pie 3